It’s Crawfish Season at UTSA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Most South Texans would associate spring with three things: girls filling their Instagram feeds with bluebonnet selfies, allergies, and most importantly- crawfish season. Crawfish boils aren’t just “some” event, they are the main attraction. Thankfully, we dont have to go very far to get our spicy and mess fix. Get the details for UTSA crawfish boils below. 

Alpha Tau Omega’s “TauCraw”

Saturday, April 2nd 2016

1:30 pm- 6:00 pm

The Block

This year, the proceeds of ATO’s event will go to the San Antonio Food Bank. Come feed yourself, and San Antonio’s homeless for $10 a plate when you buy a presale ticket, and for $15 at the door! Contact an ATO for presale tickets.

Kappa Sigma’s “Krawfish for Vets”

Saturday, April 23rd, 2016

11:00 am- 6:00 pm

Raymond Russel Park

San Antonio currently has the largest homeless veteran’s population in the country, and Kappa Sig wants to do something about it! Relax by the river, and get plates of crawfish at $8 a pound with $1 off for all active duty and veterans, first responders, police officers, fire fighters, and children under 12 years of age! Proceeds willm go towards making survival packs for San Antonio homeless veterans, and the National Veteran’s Outreach Program. 

Since this is a living article, feel free to privide us with the details of your UTSA student org run crawfish boil on our social media! Enjoy Runners!

Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.