Life > Academics

How to Get Through the Last Week of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

As the semester comes to an end, many students start stressing about getting closer to finals. Finals may be the most crucial thing to save a student from passing the semester, this is what determines when a student will be able to graduate or be able to take a course the next semester. In previous years, this is how I have survived my semester coming to an end without stressing as much, and maybe it will help you too!

Eat

You may be asking why eating is important the last two weeks because it doesn’t relate to school at all, but it is actually very important. When the semester comes to an end, a lot of people stop worrying about their health and just focus on the grind. Always remember that your health comes first and you should keep yourself correctly nourished.

Make a study plan

Making a study plan may not work for some people. I used to just go with the flow. As I am in my 3rd year of college, I have started making study plans in order to prepare for the tests. Making a study plan helps you feel organized and know what to study for exactly.

Rest

Resting is very important, especially during the last weeks of the semester. During this time, the same way people won’t eat, people also won’t sleep. They will just pull all-nighters to stay up to study for their exam the next day. As many people think this is okay, it is not, and actually takes a huge toll on one’s body mentally and physically. So don’t forget to get some rest in order for you to be mentally and physically prepared!

Don’t give up

Giving up is very common among students. When being super stressed you tend to give up and think you will not do good on what you’re stressing over. When this happens, rest because it isn’t good to have a negative mindset like that. Instead of giving up, encourage yourself to do better and you will.

These are just a few key points that have helped me get through the last weeks of each semester. I hope they help you as well!

Hey guys! I just transferred to UTSA, I’m currently a junior and I’m majoring in criminal justice and minoring in psychology. I am a very outgoing person and very easy to talk to so if you need a friend I’m always here since I’m always up for everything and anything! I am currently trying to live my best life, by traveling because I believe why should I wait until I’m older if I can just do it now while I’m young and care free because who knows what will happen right?