This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Name: Cristina Medina

Her Campus Role: Campus Correspondent, Editor-In-Chief

Major: English with a concentration in Professional Writing

Hometown: Triple D (Dallas)

What makes you most passionate about writing?

Writing has always made me feel so free. It’s been there for me in my toughest times and it’s something I go to for comfort. I’m passionate about writing because it’s something I know I’m good at and can do well. Also, writing is a common thing in my home. My mom, older sister, and I are all writers and have gone through our fair share of journals.

What’s your favorite Her Campus memory?

It’s not really one single memory, but I would have to say the moment I knew I belonged with this group of girls.

What are you most looking forward to this semester? Or the year?

Personally, I’m most looking forward to becoming the person I’ve always wanted to be, and I’m hoping to do that through finding peace and happiness within myself.

If you had to pick a favorite quote, what is it and why?

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good” because I’m never doing what I’m supposed to be doing… and because I have a deep love for Harry Potter.

What’s something not many people know about you?

I was born in a fire station!

Who was your role model growing up?

My older sister, Alma. She has always taken care of me and has ensured that I live up to my full potential.

What is your favorite article you’ve written for HC UTSA?

It was one called “8 Things All English Majors are Tired of Hearing”

What’s your Hogwarts House? How do you see those traits play out in your everyday actions?

My favorite has always been Slytherin because 1. Duh, Draco Malfoy and 2. Who isn’t attracted to the “bad” side? However, after having taken the Pottermore test 4 times and speaking to my Potter-fanatic friends, I have come to terms with knowing that I truly belong to Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuffs are extremely loyal and kind – two things that I admire about myself. I always make sure to put my loved ones before myself. If I care about you and you’re an important part of my life, I will always make sure you are happy and loved. If you’re in need of anything like food, money, or advice, then I got you.