5 Ways To Autumn Your Life in Texas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Are you an autumn lover, but can’t escape the heat? Do you have FOMO when you see #SweaterWeather posts on Instagram? If you’re anything like me, fall is your favorite season, but it can be painful when you live in a perpetually hot state. Luckily for you, I’ve created a list of fun things to do to get your autumn on, even in swelteringly hot weather!

Buy a fall candle and place it in a room that makes you feel cozy

There are practically hundreds of different scents available, so try a few out and choose the one that fits your style. I tend like apple-cinnamon scents the best, so I highly recommend it (but be warned, it might make you hungry). 

Go to a local pumpkin patch

Ok, I know that this one seems obvious, but trust me, it’ll make you feel like you’ve entered another world full of beautiful leaves and cozy scarves. Not convinced? Look through your favorite influencers’ IG pictures and then decide. 

Cook a fall-inspired meal

Whether it’s baked cinnamon apples, butternut squash ravioli, or a DIY pumpkin spice latte, your taste buds will thank you for making these fall treats. 

Have a Gilmore Girls marathon

Can you name another show that captures Autumn so perfectly? I can’t. That’s why Gilmore Girls is my choice when September arrives. Next, Halloweentown! 

Order a new, seasonal drink at Starbucks

This is one of my favorite fall activities (or let’s face it, literally any time of the year). It could be Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, Salted Caramel Mocha, or even a drink from another coffee shop. Bonus points if it’s iced!

Not ready to commit to all five? Try one out and see what you think! I guarantee you’ll be feeling like curling up to your fireplace in no time!

Lauren is a sophomore at UTSA majoring in Communications. You can find her searching the Internet for fashion and beauty news, binging the latest Netflix documentaries, or writing for her blog, Lifestyle on a Budget (www.lifestyleonabudget.com).
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.