10 Reasons Why UT’s RoundUp is Overrated for UTSA Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Every year UT Austin hosts their RoundUp event as a recruitment and philanthropic tool, and every year UTSA students flock to West Campus looking for a good time. After debating whether or not I should partake in the festivities for the 4th time in a row, I realized that RoundUp actually sucks if you’re a UTSA student. If you are debating at whether or not to wake up at 6 am this friday to wait in line for tickets, here are 10 reasons why you might want to rethink that decision below:

1.     Having to get up at 6 am to get to Austin to wait in line for 3 hours to get a wrist band is honestly so stupid.

2.     So is waiting in line for 20-30 minutes to get into the house.

3.     & waiting in line to see the performances.

4.     Pretty much all of the performers are washed-up or small time rappers who haven’t had hits in years. Like, honestly who the eff is Crichy Crich? (Besides DMX. DMX will always be     relevant.)

5.     Sometimes they don’t even show up… aka ACACIA’s performer last year.

6.     Unless you have a friend within the UT Fraternity system, you’re going to be standing there the whole time trying to figure out what to do.

7.     Your letters don’t mean anything to UT Sorority girls. In fact, wearing a “UTSA” Greek shirt of any kind will normally get you some stank eye.

8.       If you think you are going to find some UT Law bound frat star to fall in love with you, think again. They are all going to be too drunk to notice how hot you look in that XL tank and white crew socks.

9.     If you are not 21, alcohol is hard to come by. If you are 21, your only options are an array of cheap beer. Therefore the “turn up” allure is gone unless you bring some vodka in your fanny pack.

10.  For some reason, UT’s parties involve no dancing…At all. Is a party really a party without getting your leg workout in at the same time? Nope.

It’s not the party it looks to be. 

Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.