15 Spooky Movies to Watch Today until Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

1. Addams Family

Addams Family is a classic movie for this time of year, slightly spooky, funny and entertaining.

2. Beetle Juice

Now is the perfect time to watch this one! This movie has endless costume options.

3. Coraline

A cartoon that has just the right amount of creepiness. 

4. Corpse Bride

One of my personal favorites and not the last time Tim Burton will make an appearance on this list.

5. Donnie Darko

Young Jake Gyllenhaal. This movie is as mind-bending as it is creepy. A must watch for anyone. 

6. E.T.

If you have not yet seen this one, what are you doing? Get on it!

7. Ghost busters 

Both the male and female Ghost Busters are worth the watch and perfect for this time of year! 

8. Gremlins

Throwing it back again with Gremlins! 

9. Halloween Town

All four parts to this series can be found online, make some popcorn, invite over some friends and have a marathon night!

10. Hocus Pocus

Just watch it! Its October, get spooked!

11. Monster House

I am not going to lie, the first time I every saw this movie I was so scared! Now it’s one of my favorite cartoon movies to watch.

12. Nightmare Before Christmas

Another Tim Burton film! I could have made this entire list out of Tim Burton films but I thought options would be nice. Not only is this one Halloween themed but also Christmas themed! The best of both worlds. 

13. Nightmare on Elm Street

If you like stripped sweaters and real nightmares, watch this one.

14. Rocky Horror Picture Show

A cult-classic. A musical. Tim Curry. 

15. The Haunted Mansion

Eddie Murphy in a Halloween themed movie? What else can you ask for?

UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor