This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Seven weeks from now, I’ll be putting on my cap and gown and preparing to walk across the stage at graduation. It seems like this day would never come, but at the same time, my four years at UTM went by faster than I ever could’ve imagined. Reflecting over my time at UTM has allowed me to realize everything that I’m really going to miss about this school, the people here and even the small town of Martin itself.

There are many things about UTM I’m going to miss once I move back home to Nashville, but the biggest thing will be the people. I’ve made some of my closest friends while I’ve been at school through classes, organizations and especially my roommates. I don’t know where I would be today without my assigned freshman year roommates, one of whom I still live with and consider my best friend. My friends have been my support system, getting me through some of the most difficult times of my life. I never would’ve been pushed to be a better me without them, and I’ll miss them more than anything.

I’m also going to miss the school, and all the opportunities it has provided me. I owe any and all of my academic success to my professors, who saw potential in me and pushed me to challenge myself year after year. Without this motivation, I probably never would’ve applied to grad school, and I definitely would not have pursued the projects that I have without their help.

Finally, I’m going to miss Martin. This little town has been my home-away-from-home, and I will be leaving it a completely different person than the scared, shy 18-year-old who moved here four years ago. Martin has shaped me into an educated adult with confidence and drive that I never would’ve have thought possible. Although I like to complain about how “country” it is here, and how the most exciting destination is Walmart, I know that I’m going to miss Martin.

Yes, I’m beyond excited to graduate from UTM, but I’m also very sad to leave. Like I said, this town and school have been my home for the past four years, and it’s going to be hard transitioning back to Nashville. I’m so grateful for everything that UTM has provide for me, and I couldn’t be prouder to call this school my alma mater.

I am a junior Criminal Justice, Forensic Science major and Sociology minor at the University of Tennessee at Martin. I'm from Nashville, but I love going to school in Martin and I am so happy to call this small town my home away from home! Find me on Instagram @chloewagner130
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.