This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Yes, we all like to be told we’re right… especially me, but you’re the one who’ll call me out if I’m in the wrong. You’re the first to give a compliment when it’s deserved, but will tell me the truth if it needs to be told. You’re the friend who tells me the things I don’t want to hear, but need to hear. 

Thanks for being the friend to wipe away my tears, then tell me why I need to get over it. You’re always by my side, but you refuse to let me get complacent. I know you’ll never judge me, but you’ll judge the situation I’ve gotten myself into. You seem to have, at least part of, a solution to every problem, and you’re not afraid to say it. 

Thanks for being the friend who tells me when an outfit looks bad. I don’t ask you how I look for reassurance or complements, I ask you because I know you’ll tell me if I look ridiculous… Then you’ll help me find something else to wear. 

Thanks for all the “heads ups” you’ve given me. They weren’t fun to hear, but they were necessary to know. When other people would let things slide to avoid hurt feelings and “drama” you’re the first to say: “look, you’re not gonna like it but you need to know…” Then proceed to do damage control over whatever it is that happened. 

Most of all, thank you for holding me accountable. You tell me when I’m in the wrong, and you make me fix it. You keep me to my word, and remind me of everything I say I’m gonna do. You’ve the kind of friend everyone needs & your friendship has made me a better person. I really can’t thank you enough. 

Love you. Bye.

I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.