This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Everyone has an opinion on when to begin decorating for Christmas. In the past few years, the problem of decorating too early for Christmas has arised. Some extreme Christmas lovers begin decorating as early as before Halloween. Others wait until post-Halloween but pre-Thanksgiving. The last group of people wait to decorate until Thanksgiving is over. We all probably know someone that decorates in each one of these categories, and we’ve all probably seen the recent memes about this decorating dilemma.

Personally, I prefer to decorate after Halloween. I’m not saying the Christmas tree should go up at midnight as the months switch over from October to November, but I like to enjoy Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. The earlier you decorate, the longer you get to enjoy the decorations! Christmas might arguably be the holiday that you can decorate for the easiest. I mean Halloween has fall and pumpkin themed decorations, but nothing beats the endless possibilities of Christmas!

Christmas decorating is a joy-filled time, and the decorations can be a great mood booster in the weeks leading up to finals and Christmas. I can’t seem to understand why anyone would actually be upset about premature Christmas decorating. No one is skipping Thanksgiving by decorating for Christmas a couple weeks early. Who honestly goes all out and decorates for Thanksgiving anyways? I can’t say I know a single person that does. I would much rather have a house full of Christmas decorations while I’m eating Thanksgiving dinner than have a plain house with no decorations. But, to each their own this holiday season. Enjoy whatever decorations you have or lack of decorations if that’s your thing. However, I’ll be enjoying my turkey with a Christmas tree in the background.

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.