This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Over fall break I went to Chattanooga, Tennessee for the very first time. Throughout my whole life I have seen the “Go Visit Rock City” signs and I have always heard people talk about all of the neat things to do there. So you can imagine when my best friend suggested we go during our break, how excited I was. If you have never been to Chattanooga or if you have not been in a while, I highly recommend visiting! Here are the things we were able to do on our trip!

Rock City

Rock City is on Lookout Mountain and is actually in the Georgia part of the mountain. This beautiful garden with incredible rock formations was so much fun. I really enjoyed being able to go at my own pace and just take everything in. My favorite part was getting to see seven states at one time from one spot.

Lookout Mountain Incline Railway

This ride was honestly kind of scary just because of how steep the incline was! This ride took you to the top of Lookout Mountain from the city of St. Elmo and back! I had never done anything like this. Being able to see the city and the mountain on the ride was a lot of fun.

Ruby Falls

This guided tour took us through a cave that ended at the amazing waterfall. During our walk we were able to see many unique rock formations too! The stories that are told by the tour guide about how the waterfall was discovered were really interesting. Apparently, the discoverer crawled his way to the falls. Thankfully we walked!

Southern Coastal 1885 Grill

We were not really sure where we wanted to eat for dinner when we finished all of our touristy stuff, but we knew we wanted to go somewhere local. A friend suggested this restaurant and let me tell you it did not disappoint. Not only was it so cute inside and outside, but they had some of the best BBQ chicken I have ever eaten!

Tennessee Aquarium

I love going to zoos and aquariums when I visit new places. At the aquarium in Chattanooga, they had a river journey side and an ocean journey side. Surprisingly, the river journey was my favorite! It was really cool getting to see fish that live in rivers that I see all the time! My favorite part in the exhibit was the river giants. Some of those fish were bigger than me!

I am an Agriculture Communications Major with a Minor in English at the University of Tennessee at Martin (Class of 2021).
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.