This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

As of September 23rd, it is officially fall! I love this time of year because it means it’s time for sweaters, apple cider, and fuzzy socks. The weather is finally starting to cool down. The mornings are a little darker and a little cooler. It is the perfect season. I’m most excited about this season because of all of the fall activities that I enjoy, like carving pumpkins. While these things can be fun, and the weather is certainly more enjoyable, school is just starting to become routine.

We’ve hit that point in the semester where we know our schedules like the backs of our hands. We have quizzes, assignments and tests every week. Laundry is backed up, our rooms are a mess and we are just counting down the days to fall break. I’m just as excited as the next person for a break from classes, but we all know that a break just means a test in every class the two weeks before. That’s where we are now. We’re stressed and tired. We have run out of energy. I get it, y’all. I’m right there with you, but we have to get motivated and push through these last couple of weeks.

I’m here to tell you that you can do it. You can get that paper written before it’s due. You have time to get that last-minute assignment done. You’ll do great on your exams. You’ve just got to push yourself to do your best. Stay focused and get started on things early. Knocking assignments out of the way as soon as possible just makes it easier for you to relax a little throughout the week. It opens up more time for you to study and greatly reduces stress levels. Get enough sleep each night and make progress in the afternoons. You’ve got this!

Leading up to fall break is also a great time to get caught up on the laundry you’ve been putting off for weeks and cleaning your room. Laundry is pretty easy to do because you can start a load and then go back to your schoolwork. It really doesn’t take that much effort. You’ll feel a lot better once you get it done. It’s one less thing you’ll have to worry about. Cleaning your room is a good idea because we all think and study better in clean spaces. Decluttering your room and getting it organized will help you focus on the things you need to focus on. It also makes packing to go home on break easier.

When you’re feeling stressed, take a moment to remember that fall is well on its way! Cooler weather and Halloween are well on their way. Even when school is hard, keep in mind that every second will be worth it in the end.

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.