jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. Even though in Tennessee it’s a luck of the draw if we even have fall weather or for how long we will even get to enjoy the cooler but not freezing weather, I still really enjoy many things that come a long with the season.

I love fall because of pumpkins. Pumpkins are my absolute favorite thing about fall. I enjoy seeing them in decorations and on front porches. It is so neat to see how creative everyone is rather they paint or carve their pumpkins.

I love fall because of pumpkin patches. It is just so much fun to go to local pumpkin patches with your friends. Between the fun activities, supporting a local farm, to perfect picture opportunities, pumpkin patches are one of the best places to be during the season.

I love fall because of the leaves changing. There are not many things prettier in nature than when all of the trees begin to change into the vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges. I love going to UT Martin especially during this time of year because the trees in the quad are just beautiful.

I love fall because of bonfires. I just really enjoy sitting around a fire with my friends and family. It’s fun to sing together or even just sit there and talk with one another.

I love fall because of s’mores. S’mores are the best part of a bonfire. I love when you get your marshmallow just right, not burnt, but completely melted with the chocolate and graham cracker on top.

I love fall because of cute fall clothes. You can’t go wrong with sweaters, boots, and blanket scarves. Especially when you don’t have to bundle up, but you aren’t sweating in long sleeves.

I love fall because of cute fall decorations. I can’t wait until I have a house of my own someday where I can go all out for fall and Halloween decorations. Right now decorating the dorm room with pumpkins and leaves will have to do.

I love fall because of trunk or treats. I have been going to trunk or treats at church for as long as I can remember. As a kid it was the best thing because I didn’t live near the other kids who I went to church with. Plus I got to trick or treat twice. Now I love going to trunk or treats, but not just for the candy but to see my nephews dressed up. Halloween always seems to fall during the week, so being at college it’s kind of impossible to get home to go trick or treating with them, but trunk or treats make up for that.

I love fall because of cute couple’s costumes and group costumes. Not only do I love dressing up with my boyfriend and friends, but I just love seeing how creative everyone else gets too. This year my boyfriend was a farmer, with a watering can, and I was a sunflower. Some of my favorites I’ve seen so far have been a brother dressed up as a hunter, and his ten month old sister dressed as a deer. Another one I liked was two sisters and a mom dressed as the three little pigs and the brother was the wolf.

If you couldn’t tell, I love fall for many different reasons!

I am an Agriculture Communications Major with a Minor in English at the University of Tennessee at Martin (Class of 2021).
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.