This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

The past 16 years of my life have been dedicated to school. Classwork, homeworking, clubs sports, hanging out with friends, building relationships, internships. All the beauty that comes along with going to school that makes it fun, stressful, and an experience of a lifetime. I say I won’t miss the long, stressful, sleepless nights. However, I’m sure I will. I say I won’t miss sitting through lectures, but I’m sure I will. With the loss of class time due to COVID, I already missed out on a year of classroom lectures. Nothing beats sitting in that chair in the classroom. It’s challenging, but it makes you a better student, adult, and person. 

From the start of my school in Kindergarten, I was a little girl. Now, as a 21-year-old college graduate, I am an adult. I have grown with, and because of my schooling. I am not the person I was 16 years ago obviously. I have gained friends, lost friends, won games, lost games, failed tests, and passed tests. I survived a pandemic! In college! It was such a low point at times. I survived the virus myself! These are all things that allow me to transform into the woman I have become. Without these things happening, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.

I am the first person in my family to earn a Bachelor’s degree. I am so proud of myself to not only represent myself but to represent my family. I have paved the way for my little brother to follow in my footsteps, and he will do so, I know he will. 

One thing I’ve learned is everyone takes a different path. No one way is right or wrong. Everyone has a different destination that is the best for them. Some people go to college and some don’t. Some people go for their master’s degree or some sort of higher education. Some people enter the workforce after high school or college. I for example will be entering the workforce. At one point I felt a bit overwhelmed since a majority of my peers will be pursuing higher education. But, I now know that it is the best decision for me. I can’t compare myself to anyone else. All you have at the end of the day is yourself.

I am so thankful for my parents for raising me the way they did, giving me the life they did, and the education they did. I feel smart. I have a bachelor’s degree. I am thankful for Utica College, the professors, faculty, staff, and coaches. These are the people who have been there for me through the ups and downs that are college. It is crazy to think that I will never again have a research paper or sit in a lecture. But it is also exciting to be able to move on to the next chapter of my life. I am excited about the future, and whatever life decides to throw at me. Thank you school. Thank you, friends. Thank you to me, for being you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BakbwixFLLzmH0BIu7jUrefw-kntC2LTUJuv_o0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNVwlHgt9Zr_iA3CZUoPucZBqpE_NMKL-DXSE0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/COtMxiypV-HoKaXka02rpzx8cKDmBBFbpDufmE0/

PR Girl Enjoying life ? Instagram @madisonjudge