This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Confetti 

Art is one of the things I like to do in my free time. I am able to show my artistic talents and what type of artist I am. In my free time, I like to do digital artworks from a free art app on my iPad. 

Art can be a relaxing thing to do. It doesn’t matter how good you are, all you have to do is enjoy making some sort of creation. You can choose any colors and shapes you want to use. If you don’t want to spend money on art supplies, just download a free art app where you can paint or draw from any of your smart devices. I would recommend you doing art on a tablet or computer because it would be hard to do on a phone with a screen so small. 

About my artworks:

Whenever I go to make some piece of artwork, I do it based on things I like or about myself. 

From Beach to Island: I made this artwork a few months ago. I wanted to do some sort of landscape picture with water in it. Water landscapes are my favorite landscapes because seeing water feels so relaxing and peaceful. 

Confetti: I made this artwork back in middle school/high school. All did was used all the colors in a rainbow and mixed them into different shapes to make it colorful. 

I may not be the best artist, but I’m doing what I can to make my artwork interesting. I hope to continue making more and more artworks and get trained to be able to add details in my artworks like shadows, and also be able to make a landscape or portrait like a professional. 

I'm a Utica University Alumni '21 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies. My hobbies are shopping, watching movies, and listening to music. My favorite color is purple. I like water landscapes and games. I was a member of the following clubs and organizations: 1. Ampersand 2. Active Minds (Public Relations Officer) 3. Art Club (Secretary) 4. Math Club (Webmaster) 5. The Tangerine 6. Women In A New Direction (W.I.N.D) 7. Cybersecurity Club 8. Accounting Society 9. Literature Society (President) 10. Young Americans for Liberty 11. Her Campus 12. Psychological Society (Secretary) 13. Psychology-Child Life Society (Secretary) 14. Billiards Club (Webmaster) 15. Nutrition Club 16. UCTV (Video Production Aide) 17. Student Government Association (Senior Class Treasurer) 18. UC Programming Board 19. American Cancer Society On-campus 20. Coordinated Community Response Team Student Advisory Board 21. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Collaborative 22. National Society of Leadership and Success 23. Student Conference 2021
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.