This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s finally the last week of school! We made it through yet another semester, and it’s nearly time for summer break. This is my first semester that I’m spending away from home, and it got me thinking about all the things I want to do in the next couple months. So, here are just a few ways you can spend your time this summer:

Learn a new skill

With all of the classes, homework, and studying that takes place during the school year. there’s not a lot of time to learn a brand new skill. There are so many fun things that I’ve always wanted to try but never had the time, whether it be learning a new language or learning to play an instrument. Take a couple minutes or even hours out of your day this summer to learn something new.

Focus on fitness

I think that summer is the perfect time to really lean into fitness. The weather is perfect for outdoor sports like running or biking, and the gym is the perfect air conditioned place to get out of the heat if you need it.

Take summer classes

This may be unappealing to most students, but online summer classes tend to be some of the easiest courses out there. Taking a class or two will barely take up any time, and you’ll be ahead and more relaxed when school is back in session.

Travel

There are numerous places that I’ve been wanting to travel to, but haven’t been able to because of my school schedule. Even if it’s just a weekend road trip, it’s the ideal time to visit somewhere you’ve never been before!

After all that, I do have to say that I will be spending most of my summer tanning, but I hope this gave you a few ideas of what to do with your extra time this summer!

Hey i'm Camille! I'm a sophomore at The U studying social work. Before I moved to school I lived in northern California. I love the beach, the mountains, and writing!!