Life > Experiences

The World Actually Does Revolve Around You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

As we get older, we are constantly reminded that the world doesn’t revolve around us. I’m sure you’ve heard the classic saying before, whether it was being said to you or someone in your circle. Here’s the catch though — what if I told you that it’s up to you to decide? The world wants to revolve around you, but you must let it first.

Similar to manifestation, the mindset you possess will determine whether the world is on your side or not. What you put into the universe will come back to you, even if it’s as simple as making your bed in the morning. If you logistically think about our little planet named Earth, we are only one crumb of the ginormous galaxy that we reside in. This means that not only does nothing truly matter, but that whatever we think, goes.

The only person that is truly capable of determining the outcome of your life is — you guessed it — you. If you allow yourself to accept the power of the universe, it will become apparent that the world is on your side. For example, let’s say that you run into someone that doesn’t like you. It is up to you to determine how that affects the outcome of your life. If you tap into the knowledge that the universe has your back, it makes it much quicker to revise, reassess, and ultimately lose feelings toward the situation.

This is not to say that the world revolves around you and only you. It is here for everyone, but its magic is only applicable to those who are able to shift their perception of reality. It is not an easy task by any means; it takes time and effort but results in a life of freedom and security. The universe has your back, but like any relationship, you must have its back as well.

I'm a Junior at the University of Utah looking for journalism jobs possible to boost my resume. As I study the art of writing I am fascinated by the variety of expertise. I am fashion obsessed and would love to work within the fashion community one day. I am also the current project manager for HER Campus and love every second. As such, I hope to attend Parson's School of design and acquire a master's degree after my time here at the U. I enjoy taking writing courses, entrepreneurship courses, and ethical courses.