Ten Trader Joe’s Items to Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Grab your PSL’s and put on your Uggs (even though it’s still 80 degrees out), because it’s that time of year again! Okay, it’s not technically that time of year again just yet, but let’s be real, the majority of us ordered our Bath and Body Works fall-themed candles on September 1st at 12 A.M., so really it’s been fall for a few weeks now. I went to Trader Joe’s a few days ago to pick up a few things and as I walked towards the door I was greeted by all things fall. Pumpkins, sugar skulls, Halloween themed cookies, you name it. Since Trader Joe’s says so, I guess it’s officially pumpkin season! Therefore, I’m going to share 10 fall-themed items from Trader Joe’s that will make you forget why you ever shopped at another grocery store in the first place.

Pecan Pumpkin Instant Oatmeal

I’m kicking this list off with a personal favorite! I absolutely love oatmeal and I eat it for breakfast practically everyday. Plus, since starting college, I’ve realized that I like to sleep in until the very last minute, so things like breakfast have to be quick and easy, just like instant oatmeal is. Oh, and toppings aren’t even necessary because pecans are already added in! 

Pumpkin Spice Cookies 

I don’t have much to say about these; you can just tell by the name that they’re delicious. They’re perfect for when you want something sweet and easy to grab. And the packaging is super cute, so automatic extra points for that!

Fall Leaf Corn Tortilla Chips 

Since it’s basically fall and these exist, we’re not allowed to eat regular-shaped tortilla chips for a while, right? Personally, tortilla chips are my guilty pleasure when it comes to savory snacks, and these just seem that much more fun to eat. I could probably (okay, definitely) eat the whole bag.

Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix 

Baking seems like fun, that is until you’re standing in the kitchen with a million ingredients on your counter and you have what you think is egg sliding down your shirt. Don’t worry, Trader Joe’s always has you covered! All you need to do with this mix is add it to a bowl, add in 3 extra ingredients, and mix! Then, you can bring it to your friend’s houses and tell them that you’ve finally perfected your pumpkin bread recipe. They’ll never know anyway, right?

Pumpkin Spice RX Bars 

You may have heard of RX bars, but if you haven’t, these can be the first ones you try. This is the perfect on the go snack to throw in your bag on your way out the door. Plus, they are great because they have no added sugars and use minimal, natural ingredients, like dates, almonds, and cinnamon. Win win!

Pumpkin O’s

Cereal is one of the best foods ever. Enough said. But really, these are delicious, and cereal is another ideal breakfast (or lunch or dinner, honestly), to have when you don’t have a lot of time. Additionally, they are perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions, because they’re vegan and gluten-free. Everyone say thank you, Trader Joe’s!

Candy Corn Popcorn

Okay, if you are one of the people who despise candy corn, then you may want to keep scrolling. However, if you’re like me and think that candy corn is underrated and delicious, then this one’s for you! It’s a fantastic snack that tastes both sweet and savory, and it’s perfect for a Halloween themed movie night. (Pro tip: invite some of those people who despise candy corn because then, more for you!)

Organic Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark

This is definitely one of the best foods on this list. You’ve got pumpkin spice granola, which already sounds amazing on its own, pumpkin seeds, and dark chocolate, which makes anything taste better. Put all of these ingredients together and you literally can’t go wrong. I just know this is going to be a staple snack for me this fall season, and I’m not mad about it.

Pumpkin Cereal Bars

Snacks that don’t require much effort are the best kind of snacks. That’s why these cereal bars are foolproof; all you have to do is open them and eat them. It doesn’t get much easier than that! These are totally a yes from me. 

Pumpkin Waffles 

As I would hope we can all agree, breakfast is the best meal of the day, and breakfast foods are simply unbeatable. Of course, Trader Joe’s makes breakfast food that much better by making them pumpkin flavored, like these pumpkin waffles! Another yummy and effortless breakfast option that I can’t complain about.

Unfortunately, my list ends here. But, don’t panic because now that you’re done reading, you can head over to Trader Joe’s and pick up some of these items. And if you didn’t see something you like, don’t worry, because this list is just a fraction of the new items they have right now! Now that I’m done here I’m going to go grab a piece of that pumpkin spice granola bark because it sounds pretty good right now.

Senior majoring in Communication and minoring in Spanish :)
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor