This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Ahh Sundance, the true gem of Utah in the winter. Drawing filmmakers and stars alike to Park City for eleven days of movie magic, Sundance is one festival you don’t want to miss. Even if you are not one of the lucky winners to snag one of the coveted tickets to Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile, there are plenty of things to do while at Sundance, all while balling on a budget.

Pop-Ups

Looking to get free food? Look no further, because pop-ups are the perfect place to score some free snacks. Chase, Lyft, Canada Goose, and many more companies have set up shop on Main Street just for your convenience. You can score free cookies and coffee at the Lyft store, all while getting a cute photo in the bobsled with your friends. Different photo galleries also offer great snacks, all with a good view. After stocking up, walk on over to the Canada Goose Basecamp and try on some of the priciest coats out there, all while drinking free espressos. Who doesn’t love free stuff, am I right?

Celebrity Sightings

One of the key draws to Sundance are the celebrities who are flocking to Park City in the dozens. Keep a key eye out and you just might get a sighting of one of your favorites such as Zac Efron, Lily Collins, and many other A-listers. Just by sitting on one corner of Main Street, I caught a glimpse of over ten celebrities, abeit I’m not entirely sure who they all were. Pro tip: if they are beautiful, and being followed by cameras, just go ahead and assume they are someone important.

Photo Opportunities

When you are in one of the most beautiful little towns in all of the west, why not get some new photos? Park City has a background for everyone and every occasion. Snow, trees, bars, and brick are all easily accessible for every level of photographer. Want an original Banksy as a backdrop? Step right off of Main Street to one of three Banksy murals located in Park City, and get a photo with the world-renowned graffiti. Looking for a Ski Bunny Photo? Just at the bottom of Main Street is one of Park City Mountain Resorts chairlift, only seconds from the sidewalk. Pose with your favorite parka and skis for an “I just got off the mountain” kinda look, just without the effort.

Everything’s Possible At Sundance

Even if you are not one of the lucky ones to get movie tickets, there are plenty of things to do while at the Sundance Film Festival. Take a hike up Main Street, look for your favorite celebrity, or just enjoy your time in the snow. No matter what you do while in Park City, at least your sundacing.

All photos within article belong to Tristyn Page

Hello everyone! My name is Tristyn Page and I'm a coffee lover from Idaho. I'm big into photography and videography, having interned in South Africa as one. My passion is to travel and document it all through media. I am currently a sophomore at the University of Utah and work for Fluid Peak Collective, a marketing agency as a photographer. Want to see more travel content and photography? Head over to my Instagram account!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor