This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Winter is upon us, and with gorgeous snow-covered trees comes freezing temperatures that are harsh on your skin. New skincare products for winter are essential to maintaining healthy, radiant skin in a cold and high altitude place such as Salt Lake City. Ranging from $5 to $300 and including products for dry, combination, or oily skin, there’s a winter moisturizer for everyone’s skin needs this winter.  

Go-to Moisturizer: All Skin Types
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream – $30 at Sephora 

This cream is the moisturizer that you have been looking for. It provides the most hydration for your skin out of any moisturizer, while still being lightweight and non-greasy. I absolutely love this moisturizer for morning and night to keep my skin soft and fight dry areas. Kiehl’s boasts that this is their #1 bestseller and contains absolutely no parabens. I definitely would recommend this product for all skin types including combination and oily skin, as this moisturizer doesn’t cause breakouts but instead balances the skin.

Photo Source 10

Simple Nighttime Moisturizer: Dry and Normal Skin
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream – $18.99 at Target  

Found at any local drugstore, CeraVe’s moisturizing cream is essential to return moisture to your dry winter skin. Oil free and hypoallergenic, this cream is recommended for sensitive, dry, and normal skin. It locks in your skin’s moisture by using hyaluronic acid and hydrates skin for 24 hours. 

Photo Source 9

Sun Protection: Oily and Combination Skin
Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer – $24 at Urban Outfitters   

This gentle daytime moisturizer is the best option for acne-prone, oily, and combination skin. It is lightweight and calming, protecting skin from the sun in the daytime and providing moisture without clogging pores. It is always a good idea to use a product containing sunscreen to protect skin while moisturizing. 

Photo Source 8

If You Want Something Lightweight: Dry Skin
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-cream – $23.99 at Ulta 

Neutrogena’s skincare is often a favorite because it is so affordable and there are so many products for every type of skin. This product is amazing for dry, winter skin because it goes on so smooth and instantly quenches skin. Perfect for day and night, this cream keeps skin hydrated for 48 hours. It feels weightless on the skin but adds back moisture. Oil free and fragrance free, this cream is recommended for dry skin. 

Photo Source 7

A Feminine Finish For Supple Skin: Dry & Combination Skin
Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream – $42 at Sephora 

This lightweight cream, designed to eliminate dryness and dullness, instantly hydrates and nourishes the skin. This moisturizer is perfect for dry, combination, and even oily skin. This product moisturizes dry areas without causing you to break out, and keeps skin supple all day. It layers well with makeup, so it’s recommended for morning and night use. 

Photo Source 6

Eliminate Redness: Oily & Combination Skin
 Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil Free Moisturizer – $39 at Sephora

If you’re looking for a moisturizer to soothe irritation, lessen skin redness, and also moisturize, this product really does it all! Designed for oily and combination skin, its oil-free, lightweight formula creates a perfect product to prep your skin for makeup in the morning as well as act as a hydrating moisturizer at night. 

Photo Source 5

High End Skincare: Normal & Dry Skin
La Mer Creme de la Mer – $335 at Sephora 

For those looking for a really high end skincare option, the well-known La Mer is the go-to. Definitely worth the very expensive price, this cream reduces redness, eliminates fine lines, adds moisture, and revitalizes dull skin. Although it is pricey, this moisturizer lasts for such a long time and really changes the skin’s overall appearance and quality. It instantly creates a dewy finish and helps fix uneven texture.

Photo Source 4

On The Go & Instant Depuffing: All Skin Types
Milk Makeup Cooling Water – $26 at Milk Makeup 

This is actually my go-to product; it is amazing for so many reasons and definitely adds moisture to skin. The caffeine in this product depuffs skin, increases circulation, and adds hydration. Additionally, it reduces redness instantly and cools dull skin. Store in the fridge before using on skin to add extra cooling and redness reduction! Enriched with sea minerals, the cooling water calms and hydrates sensitive skin. 

Photo Source 3

Keeping Skin Moisturized All Day Long: All Skin Types
Clinique Surge 72-Hour Auto Replenishing Hydrator – $54 at Nordstrom

This refreshing gel-cream delivers the most hydration from a single application. Free of sulfates, parabens, and fragrance, this product is good for providing sensitive skin a boost of moisture. The formula keeps skin completely moisturized and glowing for 72 hours after applying, even after washing your face in-between. This product really changes your skin’s appearance without having to continuously apply it. It’s good for all skin including combination and oily. 

Photo Source 2

Combating Breakouts: Oily and Combination Skin
Clean and Clear Dual Action Facial Moisturizer – $4.99 at Target 

Worried that adding a moisturizer to your skin routine will make you break out? Think again. This tried and true product treats and prevents pimples while also moisturizing the skin. It keeps dry areas supple and oily areas from breaking out. It is perfect for oily skin in the winter and clears skin overall. 

Photo Source 1

From nighttime hydration to daytime sun protection, there truly is a product for every skin type and every skin need. So go out and get yourself the moisturizer that your skin needs this winter; your newly glowing, hydrated skin will be thanking you!  

Maddy is junior at the University of Utah majoring in Health Society & Policy and minoring in Professional Sales. She is from Los Angeles, CA and is an active member of the sorority, Alpha Phi. Maddy plans to pursue a career in pharmaceutical sales and loves writing and traveling.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor