More Than One Student Body President? Meet the University of Utah Asia Campus President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meet Karis! She’s is the student body president of University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC).  Karis was born in South Korea but moved to the states when she was five years old. She grew up in Michigan and even attended her first year of college in the states. When her father had to move back to Korea for his job, Karis had the option of staying at her current university or moving with her family. She researched the different universities that she could attend in Korea. UAC stood out to her. She really liked the fact that she could continue to receive an American university education while abroad. She also felt that she would be able to make a bigger difference in a different community!

HC: What year in school are you?

KH: Junior 

HC: What is your major?

KH: Psychology

HC: What are your weekly obligations as student body president?

KH: I attend meetings twice a week with student council. At regular meetings we discuss events, issues, and opinions on what can be improved.

HC: Why did you run for student body president?

KH: I wanted to be an active part of this campus. I wanted to speak for students who don’t have a voice. Initially, students were voicing what they want to be changed. Issues are now being addressed a lot better.

HR: What is your favorite thing to do in Songdo (where campus is located)?

KH: Eat out with friends. There are a lot of great hidden restaurants  around. I also like walking my dog at all of the parks here!

HC: What do you like to do on weekends?

KH: I relax from all of the meetings I have during the week! I usually hangout with my friends. I go to the movies, visit my grandparents and on Sunday’s, I go to church.

HC: What is one thing main campus students should know when they are thinking about transferring over to UAC?

KH: The student body isn’t necessarily  diverse but everyone have different experiences and backgrounds. Everyone who comes to this campus typically has the same goals so it makes for a very tight-knit student body.

HC: What are you looking forward to the most when going to take classes at main campus next Fall?

KH: I’m excited to go back to the states! I’m looking forward to being in a different environment as well as going with other UAC students!

MPH Student at the University of Utah Asia Campus Cat Enthusiast/ Traveler/ Instant Food Consumer
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor