Meet the University of Utah’s PINK Campus Representatives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

You’ve seen them on campus handing out PINK freebies! You follow them on social media hoping to win coveted PINK merchandise.  Now you can find out exactly what a Victoria’s Secret PINK campus representative does on and off campus!

Meet Shykell Ledford (left) and Madeline Rencher (right).

Madeline Rencher is a senior studying Honors Psychology and Honors Health.  Other than being a PINK campus rep, she sits on the MUSS Board, is a Community Engaged Scholar, a Presidential Ambassador, and photographer for the Utah Daily Chronicle.

Shykell Ledford is a senior studying English.  Along with being a PINK campus rep, Shykell is the Co-President of Her Campus Utah.

HC: What exactly does a PINK campus representative do on campus?

PINK Reps: We promote PINK on campus! We have social media contests and giveaways, as well as campus events all throughout the year! 

HC: What is your favorite PINK event you’ve planned or attended?

PINK Reps: Our favorite is probably the Victoria’s Fashion Show Viewing Party. This has become an annual event that is easily recognizable on the U of U campus. Our attendees love this event and look forward to it every year! We really pulled out all the stops this last December, and had the most successful event we’ve ever had as PINK Campus Reps at the University of Utah! We are so grateful to all who come by our events; we had the most attendance at this event than anything else in the past. 

HC: What made you apply for this position?

PINK Reps: It’s a great experience working in a professional environment, as we are trained by PINK Corporate staff at the Home Office in Ohio. We get to work as a team with one another, and with the individuals on the Street Team who are volunteers. 

HC: What is the best thing about being a PINK campus rep?

PINK Reps: The best thing about being a PINK Campus Rep is getting to represent PINK on our college campus! We love promoting the brand to collegiate women, and being able to give product away! We love seeing how excited people are about PINK!

HC: What is your favorite PINK item?

PINK Reps: Favorite PINK item? Anything from the Utah Collegiate Collection! We love representing PINK at University of Utah functions and events, and absolutely love the items PINK has for college wear! We’ve gotten a lot of feedback of how much individuals on our campus love the University of Utah-specific apparel! Product literally flies off the shelf in stores!

HC: How has being a PINK campus rep changed your college experience?

PINK Reps: Being a PINK Campus Rep has greatly enhanced our college experiences! There is truly nothing like getting to rep PINK on campus, hold amazing events, and have the support from PINK behind us! 

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor