This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Practicing gratitude has changed my life. It took me awhile to learn that there is a huge difference between being grateful and practicing gratitude. To practice it means to implement it into your everyday life, and here’s how.

1. Three a day

Each morning when you wake up, before you reach for your phone or start your day, write down three things you’re grateful for. It can be anything in your life. I often begin with three and then realize I have a much longer list curated. Physically looking at all the blessings in your life at the start of your day is extremely powerful.

2. Expression

Once you know what you’re feeling grateful for, express that. Go tell someone you’re grateful for them, or just try to spend some extra time appreciating the things on your list.

3. Find it everywhere

As you go about your day try and notice things that you feel grateful for around you. Sometimes I think we grow accustomed to things in our life that are pretty incredible and we don’t feel as grateful because we’re used to everything we have. Try to notice things that you take for granted and think about how grateful you really are for them.

Hey i'm Camille! I'm a sophomore at The U studying social work. Before I moved to school I lived in northern California. I love the beach, the mountains, and writing!!