person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

How To Make Your Pics Insta-Worthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Recently, I have been getting lots of compliments on my Instagram feed and people have asked me “how do you take such Insta-worthy pics?” So, I decided to come up with some tips and ventured to 9th and 9th with my lovely roommate to take a few pictures.

So, my friends, buckle up, because I am about to take you on a wild ride that will give you the tools you need to have a poppin’ Instagram feed.

Tip #1: Friends + Food = Fabulous

Ah, yes, the classic Instagram picture. We’ve all seen that person at the café that takes multiple pictures of their latte and scone, and if you haven’t, then you’re probably that person – don’t worry, I’m that person too. It’s an Instagram staple and while many think it’s overdone, I think it’s cute and relatable. Who doesn’t love a picture of a delicious looking coffee? Add a friend in the frame and voilà, you have an adorable picture that shows your great taste in coffee (and friends).

(Picture taken at Coffee Garden on 9th and 9th)

Tip #2: Who doesn’t love a cute pup?

Let’s face it, dogs are everyone’s one true love. We love looking at them, petting them, holding them, thinking about them. Dogs make people happy! So, a picture of a dog is sure to get you a ton of likes. Make it a selfie and show off how cute both you and the pooch are!

Tip #3: Cute walls make for cute pictures

Honestly, I love walls. They make for such amazing pictures. If they’re intricate, they’re cool all on their own. If they’re a solid color, they act as an amazing backdrop for your stunning self! You can never go wrong with walls.

(Picutre taken on 9th and 9th)

Tip #4: Try a little National Geographic photography

Nature is probably one of my favorite things to take pictures of. It’s all so beautiful, colorful, and represents life and happiness. It is so amazing and pictures of nature always get lots of likes. Take photos of a garden, autumn leaves, or the sun shining through tree branches. You’ll definitely capture something extraordinary.

(Picture taken in Red Butte Garden, not on 9th and 9th)

Tip #5: Everyone likes storefronts

People love what they know, especially if it’s something ordinary made to look beautiful. Storefronts are things we pass by every single day, and usually ignore, but in just the right lighting, they can look exquisite. Take a picture of a local coffee shop or boutique, slap a filter on that bad boy, and you’re good to go!

(Picture taken on 9th and 9th)

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor