How to Decorate Your Dorm like Urban Outfitters for Way Cheaper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Urban Outfitters is an amazing wonderland filled with overpriced novelty items that we somehow always believe we need. Next time you shop at Urban Outfitters and are tempted to buy that $50 tapestry, check out Amazon to ensure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.  If Urban Outfitters is a wonderland then Amazon is a universe overflowing with new and amazing products for usually half the price of items you purchase in stores.  As broke college students, saving a pretty penny can make the difference of going out on the weekend or being forced to stay in your room because you can’t afford to join your friend’s wild adventures.  Check out some awesome items that are similar to Urban Outfitters products but won’t break the bank.

Tapestry

Next time you want to buy a tapestry to hang next to your bed skip the one above and go for this one from Amazon (below)

Wall Fixtures

Wall fixtures are great to hang photos, reminders, and even small knick-knacks like plants and pens. Instead of the one above that sells for $129 you could purchase the one from Amazon below for $35

Keyboard covers

The marble pattern on these keyboard covers are gorgeous and expensive looking, however, you don’t need to spend $12 when you could be spending $6

Salt Lamp

Salt Lamps are all the rage right now because they look great AND offer health benefits.  Instead of spending $35 you could be spending $20 and use that extra$15 you’re saving to buy some vitamins (those will REALLY keep you healthy!).

Shower Curtains

Shower Curtains are great, but they’re not important enough to be shelling out $59. Instead, buy this one for $18

Next time you’re about to shell out $60 for a shower curtain, check Amazon and make sure you’re making a smart and money saving purchase.

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor