This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Skizzy Mars is an up-and-coming rapper and songwriter, ready to show the world what he can do. Since the release of his debut EP The Red Balloon Project, he’s tackled charts and proven that he’s an act to watch. After peaking at #4 on the Billboard Rap Albums, Skizzy Mars is prepared for even greater success with the anticipated release of his next album this March. Her Campus Utah has an exclusive with the rapper!

Her Campus Utah: What are you most excited for when touring?

Skizzy Mars: The sold-out shows, the energy is unparalleled!

Her Campus Utah: What about playing shows in Utah is so exciting for you?

Skizzy Mars: It’s my biggest headlining show in SLC yet, so I’m excited for the show in general.  I’ve opened here twice and played a smaller headlining show last year, [it’s] always been dope.

Her Campus Utah: What are your tour must-haves?

Skizzy Mars: Friends, whiskey, steak.

Her Campus Utah: How do you balance touring and being in the studio and having personal commitments?

Skizzy Mars: As soon as I get off tour, I go straight to the studio, so it’s literally back-to-back.  I don’t record much on the road.  I try to spend like a week away from writing, just to live life here and there because then I come back with more s**t to write about.

Her Campus Utah: What is your favorite song to perform live?

Skizzy Mars: There are way too many to choose!

Her Campus Utah: How has your rapping style evolved over time?

Skizzy Mars:  I’ve gotten older, smarter, and experienced more life.

Her Campus Utah: Who are you biggest musical influences?

Skizzy Mars: Kanye, Kid Cudi, Brandon Flowers, Julian Casablancas.

Her Campus Utah: How did growing up in New York influence your music?

Skizzy Mars: Growing up in New York made me who I am, so it’s a huge factor in my music.

Her Campus Utah: Who is your dream collaboration?

Skizzy Mars: Sting!

Her Campus Utah: What’s your biggest goal in the music industry?

Skizzy Mars: Headlining Madison Square Garden with my band!

To buy tickets to see Skizzy Mars on February 28th at In the Venue, click here: https://www.saltlakecityconcerts.net/eventx/skizzy-mars/

Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!