This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Winged eyeliner is a classic look that looks beautiful on everyone, but doing it can be pretty tricky without lots of practice. Whether you want a dramatic cat eye or a subtle everyday look, this beauty hack will help you accomplish it with only a few easy steps. If you want to learn how to get flawless winged eyeliner every time, keep reading!

What you’ll need:

·      Liquid or gel eyeliner

·      Concealer

·      Scotch tape

Step 1: Place one piece of Scotch tape on the back of your hand and peel it off. This will make the tape less sticky so it won’t hurt pulling it off your eye later! Take the tape and place it on the corner of your eye where you want the slant of your eyeliner to be.

Step 2: Once you have placed the tape on your eye, grab your liquid or gel liner and draw a straight line going out towards your ear.

Step 3: Now starting at the edge of the wing, come back towards your eye making the line thicker as you go. Once you have perfected the wing, line the rest of your eye.

Step 4: Peel the tape off of your eye. If there any little flaws in your winged liner, clean them up with some concealer on a small pointy brush.

And that’s it! Make sure to try this easy beauty hack next time you want perfect winged eyeliner! 

Lexy was born and raised in Salt Lake City and is currently studying Nursing at the Univeristy of Utah. She hopes to someday pursue her dream as a Neonatal Nurse Practioner. She works as a Certified Pharamcy Technician and volunteers with the Apa Sherpa Foundation.  In her free time she does yoga, dances, plays with her puppy, and hangs out with her Alpha Phi sisters. She is also very proud to hold the title of a Miss Utah USA semifinalist.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor