Style

Four Fall Trendsetters you Should be Following on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re anything like I am, Instagram is a big source for your outfit inspo. With the fall season quickly approaching, I have been on the lookout for influencers who are quick to post what trends we should follow this fall. From basics to statement pieces, there is an account for every style out there. If you are looking for closet inspiration, these are the accounts you should follow this fall: 

Nicole Alyse (@Nicolealyseee)

When it comes to style inspo, specifically with prints, I love Nicole’s account. She does a great job of demonstrating how you can mix prints with casual t-shirts, which can be hard to navigate on our own sometimes. Nicole also posts cute videos that show different ways to style certain pieces, some of her most recent videos include: how to style biker shorts and how to style plaid pants. Her account is super cute and can help spice up your fall wardrobe with some prints if you haven’t already done so. 

Alex Michael May (@Alexmichaelray)

In terms of dressing up an outfit, Alex does a great job. Alex has a wide array of skirts and dresses that would be super cute with a light jacket this fall. What intrigues me the most about Alex’s account is all of the different color options that she offers within the different outfits. Unlike other accounts, Alex doesn’t seem to has a set color scheme in her personal style, and almost every outfit has different colors that can be used in your outfits this fall. 

Tezza (@Tezza)

Out of any account I follow on Instagram, Tezza’s is one of my absolute favorites. When talking statement pieces Tezza does them so well. On top of this, the way she presents them is eye-catching every time. If you are looking for investment pieces, I would suggest looking at her account for inspo; from bright pantsuits to dresses, to accessories, Tezza posts pictures of the most unique pieces. In addition, she recently came out with her own line of sunglasses that has styles for every personality, which I will link here

Her Campus Style (@Hercampusstyle)

This is a total plug, but it is one that I think is SO worth sharing. The Her Campus Style  Instagram page is full of trends as they appear, which is so helpful when looking for inspiration this fall. My favorite thing about this account is the daily stories that they post. They do story takeovers that feature certain pieces and how to style them, or even how a certain person puts together an outfit of their style. These stories are super interesting and have definitely introduced me to trends I would have not known how to style otherwise. 

Don’t be afraid to venture out of your comfort zone this fall and try some new trends. You never know what inspo will turn into what you wear on the daily!

Mya is majoring in Strategic Communication and is the current President of Her Campus Utah. She enjoys movies, road trips, writing and having dinner parties with her best friends. Her favorite things to write about are fashion, beauty and lifestyle.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor