Festival Season as told by Gifs

Spring brings many things: Birds chirping, final projects and exams, and-here’s the fun one- FESTIVAL SEASON. As students hunker down to embark on the final stretch of the school year, they can be put at ease knowing that at the end of their journey lies a fluorescent world of pulsing lights and bumping music. And while it may take lots of time, money and effort to make it to even one festival, ask any raver if they hold regrets and they’ll tell you that festival season is the highlight of the year. So what if the rest of the year is spent with a little less cash -- the memories made are priceless! And as our favorite festivals star to drop release dates and lineups, it can be hard to contain our excitement. The cycle of emotion leading up to festival season is arguable the hardest part, but the anticipation makes it all worthwhile. So in preparation for the happiest time of the year, I’ve done my best to capture each and every one of those festival feels.

• Doing your research on all the festivals coming up:

Busy Jim Carrey GIF

• Finding out your fave artist is on the lineup:

So Freaking Effing Excited Kristen Wiig GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Looking at ticket prices:

Kim Kardashian Smh GIF

• Telling yourself they're too expensive and you have other, more important priorities:

Upset Oh No GIF by Ex On The Beach

• Changing your mind and trying to justify it in your head because YOLO and all that good shit:I Need This Please GIF

• Getting all excited and looking for just the right outfit:

Mtv Style Shopping GIF by Paramount Movies

• Slowly going broke as you put down money for hotels, tickets, and outfits, and maybe a few unique accessories here and there:

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

• Feeling the day get closer and closer as you get more and more distracted from responsibilities like work and school:

I Don'T Care Whatever GIF by Joey Bada$$

• Waking up on rave day and just being so excited to get there:

Excited Season 1 GIF by Broad City

• Road Tripping at an ungodly hour to get there on time but being so pumped it doesn’t matter:

Road Trip Headbang GIF

• Getting to your crappy motel but not even caring because you’re so excited:

I Don'T Know Shrug GIF by Madelaine Petsch

• Getting ready for the festival and looking so bomb with your squad:

Hang Out Drinking GIF by Comedy Central

• Walking into the festival and just feeling so validated and welcome:

Clubbing Broad City GIF

• When your fave DJ comes on and you just can’t contain yourself:

Drunk Ron Swanson GIF by Cheezburger

• When the set ends and you realize you are totally lost:

Mrw GIF

• When another rave family takes you in:

The Office Party Hard GIF

• When the day ends and you somehow find your group at 3 am:

Best Friends Hug GIF by Alex Bedder

• Trying to sleep but just being so excited to do it all again tomorrow:

Sleep GIF

So there you have it! If you’ve been to a festival or even a show, you probably recognize a few of these reactions. And if you haven’t, this festival season is the perfect time to get outside your comfort zone and try something new! As an ex-skeptic of the whole rave culture, I can tell you: There’s nothing quite like the rave fam.

Pics: 

Thumbnail

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,