This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

There is no discretion to say that I, like most of my peers, am terrified of the election polls right now, with Donald Trump gliding in as the republican front runner.  I think it is safe to say that most of us believed Trump’s aspirations directing to the White House were mildly humourous in the budding of the presidential primaries.  Well, here it is now, March 2016, nearly eight months after announcing his intentions of becoming our 44th president, and the joke has not ended.

Furthermore, the problem began when Trump opened his mouth. He spoke of his future ideas and opinions about current issues and relations in the United States. His tones towards immigrants, women, and other candidates have displayed racist tendencies, indignity towards females,overall disrespect, and lack of any political correctness to his opponents and fellow candidates.  In Trump’s attempts to hoist himself above any and everyone else, he has managed to leave a sour feeling in the pit of some American’s stomachs.  In his questionable self-righteous quest, it has me questioning who wants a bully in the White House?  

His theories have me wondering about his motives, and what he would plan to do if elected as the next leader of the United States.  In my days as a student, I have heard not only Democrats, but Republicans as well expressing a disinterest in the behavior of Donald Trump.  

However, America holds the power to keep The Apprentice star out of Washington D.C.  It is important for all citizens over the age of 18 to voice their opinion in the presidential election.  Did you know that a large percent of millennials are not registered to vote? Without a voice by vote, there is no impact made by ranting on social media, raving to your friends, or telling that one distant relative that it is 2016 already.  That is why EVERYONE needs to be registered in time for the voting polls to ensure their vote counts.  It is our duty as citizens to contribute to maintaining the dignity of our country as well as protecting those who live in America.  

Donald Trump might think he is all that and a bag of chips, but he really is just a salty old man who is used to getting his way. Oh yeah, all with the help of a “small” loan of a million dollars.  His altered perceptions of “making America great again” are pretty terrifying actually, considering America is great and needs to enhance and move forward, not divert to obsolete ideologies.  

Folks, I hoped after this article those who aren’t registered will do so, and everyone who can will vote in this upcoming election.  Your speech matters, never doubt the power of voting, and the impact your voice makes on society for generations to come.  

Editor Note: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the values and opinions of Her Campus Utah or Her Campus National.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor