Dear Best Friends: THIS is the Kind of Love You Deserve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Dear Best Friends,

I hope you know how much I adore and care for you all. As we have become closer over the past year I have seen you grow and love immensely; sometimes resulting in a broken heart along the way. I am writing this letter to let you all know what I believe you deserve when it comes to being in love.

So as you’re searching for the Kanye to your Kim,

here’s a few things to keep in mind:

You deserve someone who appreciates you, and I mean REALLY appreciates you.

Someone who loves your mind just as much as they love your beauty. Someone who loves the way your lips curve across the surface of your morning coffee. Someone who obsesses over the way your nose crinkles as you generate your contagious laughter. Someone who wakes up every morning completely perplexed by how they were given the opportunity to fall for you. Someone who adores the motion your hands make while interacting with children.

You deserve someone who remembers you like your eggs scrambled with extra cheese and presents you with a plate every Saturday morning. Someone who dances with you in the kitchen to your old James Taylor albums. Someone who will carry you upstairs when you fall asleep on the couch after a long night at work. Someone who will open your doors and remind you to drive safely. Someone who can sit an admire your friendly manners after you’ve had one glass too many. Someone who never stops trying to heal the pieces of your heart that others have left broken. Someone who can’t help but grin as they watch the pure happiness that comes from you running and jumping onto a rolling grocery cart. Someone who could watch the movement of your fingers as you practice the violin for hours.

You deserve someone who dreams of the day they will ask for your fathers blessing.  Someone who loves the way you cry over the commercials for adopting dogs. Someone who will make you mac n cheese every thanksgiving because they know you don’t like turkey and gravy. Someone who will write you messages on the fogged-up mirror when you’re taking a shower. Someone who surprises you with a garden of daisies for your 26th birthday and proceeds to pick fresh flowers for you every Sunday morning. Someone who gazes upon the cuteness of your freckles as often as they gaze among the stars. Someone who would move across the country in the pursuit of you living out your ambiguous dreams. Someone who brings you strawberry ice cream in a mug in bed. Someone who giggles at the way you still persevere your pinky promises. Someone who craves the touch of your finger tips on the surface of their skin. Someone who enjoys watching you squint as you carefully search for a hidden item in your messy room. Someone who gets emotional watching you walk down the aisle in white. Someone who loves observing you pick off the tomatoes on your sandwich because you were too embarrassed to request the waiter to perform a modification. Someone who will build the swing set for your future kids. Someone who refuses to say goodnight before gracing you with a kiss on the forehead.

You deserve someone who loves you, in the purest form of love. Someone who will grow old with you and love you for all the marvelous traits that are built into one miraculous, beautiful, brilliant, artistic, goofy human. You. In my book no one is deserving of the amazingness that is held inside each of you but when you find you want a man to challenge my beliefs you better direct him to all advice above and make sure he counts his lucky stars to have found someone like you.

Love, 

Your best friend who will make sure you find this kind of love

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor