This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Now that it’s officially December, it’s the prime time to put the Christmas bangers on blast. If you’re like me, you’ve probably been listening to Christmas music since early October. Since it’s finally snowy in Salty City, it’s all the more festive and fun to get in the spirit. While it’s fun to find and listen to new content, I always find myself going back to the same few songs, albums and artists. Not only are these albums the most festive, but they continue to be memorable and comforting!

5. Pentatonix- A Pentatonix Christmas

The Pentatonix have voices of angels and their use of Accapella makes this album and their other songs stand out so much more. I personally think their religious Christmas songs are their strongest. Using nothing but their voices allows them to capture that mood and traditional style the best. The Pentatonix have the best version of “Hallelujah” for that reason!

4. Michael Bublé- Christmas

What I feel like I should be doing when I listen to any Michael Bublé song is curling up on a couch with a mug of hot tea in hand watching Hallmark Christmas movies while snow falls outside. Although this album is still fairly new, it sounds very classic. His voice gives me Frank Sinatra vibes, which I’m all about. It sounds just like how a stereotypical picture-perfect Christmas should be!

3. Mariah Carey- Merry Christmas

It’s not Christmas unless you hear “All I Want For Christmas Is You” being screeched by a ton of girls, am I right? While that is the most well-known song, “O Holy Night” is another strong contender from Merry Christmas. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” will coninue to come back every holiday season and I can definitely see it becoming a classic over time. Carey’s voice is so rich, powerful, and easily recognizable.

2. Bing Crosby- Christmas Classics

I love that the OG Christmas songs never go out of style. The old classics are always a must, especially the ones by Bing Crosby. Although he didn’t write these songs, his versions have turned into the definition of Christmas that everyone remembers and enjoys. Since people of all ages grew up listening to these, it reminds us of childhood Christmases and home.

1. Sia- Everyday is Christmas

I think this album is a masterpeice because of the variety of tones Sia brings to it. There are happy upbeat songs as well as more slow and moody ones. The idea of each song is Christmas-y, yet creative and different. For example, “Puppies are Forever” embodies everyone’s childhood dream of getting a puppy for the holidays. Additionally, “Snowman” discusses how festive winter is even after Christmas through the metaphor of a snowman melting. Lastly, Sia has such a unique and soothing voice that makes for especially good holiday music. 

This is truly the best time of the year, so get in the spirit with these amazing albums. These are my personal favorites that continue to get me excited for Christmas break. There are many more albums to listen to other than just these, so check more out during the holidays!

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I'm Anna and I am in the Chemical Engineering program at the U! I'm from Seattle, WA and came to Utah for school. Other organizations I am part of are ASUU, AIChE, SWE, the Utah Freeskier Society, and I'm a host at Porcupine!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor