andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

8 Things People Say to You When You’re a Femme Lesbian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Oh, so she’s not just your really good friend? 

Whether it be from Chad at the frat party or Aunt Linda at Thanksgiving, lesbian women have taken some real sh*t for simply being who they are. Read on for my top eight *favorite* things I’ve heard as a femme lesbian. 

1. “Oh yeah, I experimented when I was in college, too”

Ah yes thank you, Carol, for sharing that story with me about how you kissed that one girl at that one frat party you went to 10 years ago. This, however, is not quite the same thing.

2. “You don’t have to lie you — could have just said you’re not interested”

This one’s a favorite of mine to get when I go out. I promise you, Chad, I’d much rather tell you that I’m not interested than be having this really awkward conversation with you now.

3. “No way that’s so hot… so are you like into threesomes then?”

Ah yes — I’m so glad you find my sexuality hot, that’s really why I’m doing all of this in the first place, just to please. Of course I’ll have a threesome with you, “hip” random couple I just met.

4. “What a shame”

No, actually it’s not a shame, it’s actually really great, but also just none of your business.

5.“But you don’t look gay?”

Oh, I’m sorry I’m still working on my full lesbian transformation, it’s a long process.

6.“No way I had no idea! Why didn’t you tell me earlier??”

Why didn’t you tell me that you were straight earlier? I had no idea!

7. “Oh why, what happened?”

The small dick of a president we have kind of just turned me off from them all together (haha get it)

No, but really please don’t ask this question, nothing had to happen it’s just the way it is and it’s incredibly offensive question.

8. “I heard lesbians have great sex, is that true?”

If you wouldn’t ask a random straight couple this, why do you think it’s okay to ask anyone else? (but duh, of course, it’s true)

Before I end this incredibly snarky rant, by no means am I saying that I have it bad. I’m completely aware of the immensely hard struggles people in the LGBTQ+ community face. This article was simply to show just some of the ridiculous comments feminine lesbians encounter day to day by the utterly shocked public. Hopefully, in the future people will save their ridiculous questions for someone who actually cares….and leave lesbian women alone. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor