6 Amazing Tutoring Services at the U for Every Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Let’s face it, college is very difficult and far too often students find themselves going to class, studying their hardest, and still not obtaining their desired grade. If your current approach is not working for you, or you just want some extra help, The University of Utah offers many opportunities to help you succeed.  

1. First off, I would always try to take advantage of the teacher’s office hours. Even if you do not feel they are the best lecturer they may be way better one on one. Plus, it gives your teachers the opportunity to know you on more of a personal level and to recognize who you are. You can build a relationship and eventually even ask for a letter of recommendation for the future!

COST: Free

2. Located on the second floor of the Marriot Library is The Writing Center. You are required to fill out a registration form, set up a username and password, and schedule an appointment for your first visit. After that you are able to schedule any time that you want! Bring a hard copy of your assignment and get help on those difficult papers you feel stuck on!

COST: Free

3. ASUU offers tutoring for a wide range of subjects. By going into their office you are able to purchase vouchers and are given a list of different tutors to contact.

COST: $7/hour- Individual, $4/hour- Group

4. If any of your classes offer TA or SI (Supplemental Instruction) sessions take full advantage! These are students whose full purpose is to help you succeed. Many of them also sit in on your lectures so you can ask specific questions.

COST: Free

5. Math can be a very difficult subject and one that many students struggle with. Located in the Math Building (T. Benny Rushing Mathematics Center) in room 155 is a Math Lab. Here you are able to do your homework independently but if you have any questions there are tutors available to help. They also have a list of private tutors to contact if you feel you need extra help.

COST: Free

6. Each department usually has their own tutoring center located inside of their building. Here is a helpful list of some of the tutoring located on Campus that I’m sure many people do not know about! 

COST: Varies

The University of Utah offers so many amazing opportunities to help you succeed in all of your subjects. If there are any classes that you are having a difficult time in no more excuses! Take initiative and get on that tutoring!

Brandi Lyn Johnson20 years old... but a child at heart. Pre-Nursing Major and working at Primary Children's Hospital.Changing the world one Netflix Series at a time.I think dogs are better than humans.I don't like the dark.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor