Style

5 Steps to Transition Your Winter Wardrobe into Springtime Outfit Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With long sunny days just around the corner, it’s time to transition your wardrobe from scarves, boots, and sweaters to sunshine-appropriate outfits! Changing your wardrobe can be an overwhelming and time-consuming task. Since spring is meant to be a season of relaxation and refreshing, it’s time to simplify wardrobe transitions. Follow along to see how to spice up your wardrobe for the new season while still being just as comfortable as you were dressing for the chilly weather!

Cropping and Layering

Everyone loves a good sweater that they can bundle up in, but typically sweaters fall under the “winter” category. One simple trick to repurpose your sweaters is to crop them! A few simple ways to crop your sweaters include tucking them into a sports bra, tying them into a chunky knot, or using a shoelace! Additionally, another secret to transitioning your items is by layering! Although layering is typically done in the fall and winter, it has become one of the newest spring trends. If you have a light jacket or cardigan you love, now is the perfect chance to pair it with a simple tank, cropped t-shirt, or brami! By lightly layering and pairing different lengths of tops together, your items become an effortless and comfortable springtime look.

Add a Splash of Color

While neutrals are always a wardrobe-staple, adding a few pops of color will bring a new springtime vibe to your OOTD. Pastels are always a spring go-to, but sage green and brown hues are perfectly on-trend right now. A simple way to add color to your wardrobe is by switching out your tops for a light-colored tank or blouse! Additionally, accessories are the easiest way to add a splash of color. From earrings to hats to hair scarves, there are so many ways to add a hint of color into your favorite winter outfits to make them spring-appropriate!

New Season Means New Hairstyle

One fun and practically free way to make your cozy winter looks into light, breezy spring outfits is by switching up your hairstyle! Fun braids, updos, and simple half-up hairdos radiate laid-back, effortless vibes which are perfect for spring! Also, the new look for spring is all-natural, so it’s time to embrace those curls, nourish your hair, and let loose! If you really want to spice things up, add a fun hair clip for a trendy yet sophisticated look. And if you’re dedicated to a new, fresh look, mid-length and layered haircuts are very on-trend at the moment (just look at Billie Eilish!)

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

While you may not feel like ditching pants quite yet, one simple way to switch it up for spring is by trading out those boots for fun sneakers and sandals! Clean, trendy sneakers with bright colors scream spring, and of course, you can never go wrong with a fun and flirty pair of sandals. Strappy is the new look, so if you want to push yourself out of your comfort zone, try a fun pair of strappy, low-height heels with a cute pair of jeans and a spring blouse or tank!

Eyes, Lips, Face

Whether you love makeup or a clean face, a fun way to spice up your look for spring is by going simple and light! Popular makeup trends include a more natural, dewy look, which is perfect for spring as it’s bright, bubbly, and glowy under the sun! Whether you swipe on a bit of gloss, curl your lashes, or try some liquid blush, the new season calls for trying new things! And remember, SPF is everything! Regardless of your makeup preferences, now is the time to nourish your skin and protect it from the sunshine.

Transitioning seasons can be overwhelming, and trying to mold your style to fit the weather can be a long process. The key thing to remember is that you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars to feel good and refreshed for the new season. Spring is all about growth, but that doesn’t mean you have to force yourself out of your comfort zone to do it, so start small and do the little things that help you to feel confident and refreshed for a sun-filled springtime!

Hi, my name is Haylee and I am a student at the University of Utah! I am majoring in Psychology and minoring in Political Science! After receiving my Bachelor's degree, I plan on attending Law School on the East Coast.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor