This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

While living in the “that girl” day and age, staying in shape and on top of your workout routine can be hard. Personally, I know the struggle of trying to fit a workout in between school, work, and social activities all too well. Plus, I couldn’t find a type of workout that I really enjoyed and actually looked forward to, until I discovered hot yoga. This discovery has changed my life and my view on exercise, and hopefully it can do the same for you too. So here are 5 reasons why I encourage anyone to give hot yoga a go!

1. It is a workout and stretching session all in one

I know that I am guilty of ignoring my body’s needs, especially when it comes to stretching. Being able to release tension throughout your body while exercising is perfect for the already busy college student.

2. You are able to practice mindfulness

In an incredibly safe and warming space, hot yoga allows you to close off your thoughts and just be. I am able to experience every breath and guided word and take the time to rejuvenate my body, mind, and soul.

3. Practicing sound meditation

Like the mindfulness experience you may partake in, hot yoga offers the practice of sound meditation. In the dark and steamy room, allow yourself to listen and focus on only one thing. I personally listen to the music and find its internal notes to help clear my head and bring me back to earth.

4. It’s affordable

With specific apps such as Class Pass, hot yoga is actually pretty affordable. As a college student, expensive workout classes and memberships can be way out of budget. With Class Pass, hot yoga, cycling, and even nail salons are offered to you through your personal portal of wonders. Starting at only $15 a month, Class Pass has become the key to personal fitness.

5. It’s fun!

Let’s be honest, working out isn’t always the most fun, especially if it’s a new habit you are trying to embed into your routine. Hot yoga is fun and gives you a boost of serotonin before and after you go. Be prepared to feel like a new person when you walk out of that studio after an hour of warrior 2’s and downward-facing dogs.

Even if you have never tried regular yoga before, I would still encourage everyone to try this form of exercise. It is calming yet challenging and it has quickly become something that I always look forward to.

I'm a Junior at the University of Utah looking for journalism jobs possible to boost my resume. As I study the art of writing I am fascinated by the variety of expertise. I am fashion obsessed and would love to work within the fashion community one day. I am also the current project manager for HER Campus and love every second. As such, I hope to attend Parson's School of design and acquire a master's degree after my time here at the U. I enjoy taking writing courses, entrepreneurship courses, and ethical courses.