5 Reasons Why Football Season Is The Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Football Season is in full swing here at the U, and we couldn’t be more excited! Whether its watching the game at home with your friends and family or being an avid participator in the MUSS, these 5 reasons are sure to resonate with your inner football fan. 

1)   Tailgating: Be it with your friends or family, at a house or with the MUSS and alumni, tailgating is sure to be a blast. Everyone gathering in his or her red Utes shirts and jerseys really gets you in the spirit! And you can’t forget the delicious food that is always provided and the fact that our campus becomes wet three hours before and after the game. Tailgating is the perfect way to amp you up before a big game!

2)   The Apparel: I’m sure many collegiettes can agree that dressing up in their finest Utes apparel is half the fun of football!  Thanks to Victoria’s Secret Collegiate apparel and our campus store, we have so many options on adorable Utah clothes to wear to the game.  Don’t forget to add the cute Ute tattoo!

3)   The Alumni: Graduating college and entering the real world can be scary.  Being able to hold on to that last shred of collegiate lifestyle by going to the football games is a last shred of your college lifestyle that people wont judge you for holding on to.  Not only are football games fun for the students, but they’re a reminder of college fun for the alumni.

4)   Cancelled Classes: Its no surprise that many classes are cancelled on game day.  Thanks to our lack of parking here at the U, many students who commute are unable to get on campus at all on game days.  More often than not, if your class is scheduled at a time anywhere close to the football game, your teacher will cancel it.

5)   School Pride: There is nothing better than walking around campus on game day and seeing everyone in their Utah wear.  Our campus is lucky that it is so diverse, but it is refreshing to see football and school pride bringing us together.

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor