14 Things Every Utah College Student Needs To Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

After being in college for three years, I’ve learned endless amounts of information. You learn your routine, classes, and for some, it could even be learning a new town. As an out-of-state college kid, I understand that it can be hard to adjust to a new environment.  Here are some of the essentials to make it in college at the University of Utah, no matter the weather!

FALL:

Leggings: These will become your everyday outfit. I’m not joking.

Utah Apparel: Fall means football games, and you will have to have a couple cute Utah sweatshirts and crew necks ready to wear to the games when it starts getting cold.

Textbooks: Tis the season of buying all your textbooks. Check websites like Amazon and Chegg before buying from the bookstore, your bank account will thank you.

WINTER:

Snow boots: They are a must. They will become your best friend when you wake up for your 8 AM class and it’s a blizzard outside. Sorrels are the perfect boot for Utah slush and sticky snow.

Car Scraper: Again, it’s a must. It will snow a lot in the winter and your car will have snow on it constantly. Keep it in your backseat and get ready to learn how to scrape your car in less than 5 minutes.

EOS Chapstick: Your lips will get extremely dry in the winter, it’s best to always keep it on you wherever you are going. 

Coffee Machine: It saves my life during the week when I’m running low on sleep. It also helps keep you warm when you’re walking to your classes in the freezing cold.

SPRING:

Rain boots: Spring is when Utah will get rain that turns the ground into a muddy puddle. Don’t make the mistake of ruining your cute boots, invest in some rain boots!

Light Jacket: It will go through spurts of being warm and cold, it might seem like tee-shirt weather but it’s not. Always keep a light jacket with you or in your car.

Car scraper: Still have a car-scraper with you for the last minute snowstorms that occur in the spring. It will happen and you will end up having to uncover your car mid-April.

SUMMER:

Hiking shoes: Utah has the best hiking trails and it’s the perfect summer activity. You will find amazing paths that you can get lost in and explore for hours, but don’t ruin your feet! Head to REI and find some good deals on hiking boots.

Bikini: It will get hot, really hot. Have plenty of swimsuits for when you decide to go to the lake or the pool for the day! 

Sorority Tank Top: Keep plenty in your car because you can never have too many and there will be never be a day in the summer when you don’t need one to throw on to freshen up after a quick hike or climb!

Country Concert Tickets: Utah has the best country concerts in the summer. Find a summer dress, put on your boots, and have fun dancing to country music with your best friends.

These are just a few of the things that will help you through the different seasons in Salt Lake City, and make your time at the University of Utah a little bit easier. Enjoy the snow, mountains, sunshine and everything else that Utah has to offer throughout the year!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor