photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

11 SLC Activities That Will Make You Crave Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Spring Break gave us a sweet taste of what is next! Summer is just around the corner, collegiettes! If you love warm weather, shorts, hiking, ice cream, Mexican food, swimming, and being tan, then this is your season! It’s almost time to switch out the yoga pants for shorts (who am I kidding it’s always yoga season) and spend lots of time outdoors instead of binge watching Greys Anatomy and getting holiday fat from the endless peppermint and pumpkin flavors! Summer comes with a new vibe, check out what we’re craving!

1. Biking Downtown

This is a fun idea for a date or even a day activity with friends! Downtown SLC has a lot of exploring to do and there are bikes available on most busy corners that can be rented for a couple hours. The view up by the capital is also a must see and a breathtaking sight when the sun sets.

2. Bridge Jumping and Cliff Diving

Take a summer night with your friends to jump off the Lehi Bridge! Night swimming anywhere is really fun so if you have a chance, plan a trip to cliff dive in Lake Powell or St. George. (Streaking is risky and optional but you only live once, amirite?) 

3. Hikes, Hikes, & More Hikes.

One of my favorite summer activities is spending time in the beautiful Utah Mountains. We are blessed to live in a place where there are tons of hikes to choose from, so pick a hike and hike it! A couple of really good ones are Mount Olympus (be warned this ones hard), Donut Falls, Living Room Hike, Lake Blanche, Lone Peak, and Bells Canyon.

4. CONCERTS!

Go to as many concerts as you can all summer, it’s good for the soul! Really though I just made that up but concerts bring life and happiness into summer! Also be sure to check out Twilight concerts when they start every Thursday at the end of June. There is nothing like dancing to cool music with good company and SLC has a lot of local bands playing throughout most of the summer. 

5. Ice-cream Shops

Eat tons of ice cream during summertime. Nuff’ said.

6. Road-Trip!

Go on at least two road trips this summer no matter how close they are. It’s fun to get away and experience different places; if you want to adventure somewhere new with friends this summer check out Moab, Lava Hot Springs, or Flaming Gorge. 

7.  Boating

Take advantage of all the beautiful lakes there is in Utah and plan a fun trip filled tanning and barbequing for a weekend. Lake Powell isn’t too far and it’s a popular location for a fun getaway with friends. 

8. Bees Games

Hotdogs and cute baseball boys, must I say more? 

9. Liberty Park

Liberty Park is the place to be over the summer because it’s the perfect location for reading books, taking runs, or feeding the ducks. 

10. Farmers Market

Salt Lake City is home to some of the best Farmer’s Markets! Be sure to try all of the local produce and support Utah’s economy! Take a cute boy with you and make him buy you flowers! 

11.  Make Some Time For Yourself

Summer can be lots of fun and no matter what you do, take this time away from school to spend time with you. Summer is a good opportunity to focus on yourself and possibly do all the things you’ve always wanted to do but never tried because of the endless to-do lists. 

Summer comes a new beginning and a new season! Let your hair down and eat good food, listen to good music, experience new things, surround yourself with good company, don’t dwell on the little things, and overall seek happiness along the way. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor