A Summer full of Adventures

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Summer 2015 was one for the books and so many of our lovely Her Campus UT ladies had so many fun and exciting memories.  From working in their hometown to traveling around the world, here is a collection of some of the great moments that we will never forget.

Nicolette Barone

This summer Nicolette worked for Towne Deli & Pizzeria in a concession stand at a swim club. It was the craziest summer of her life working hard for tips.    

Skylar Whitman

Skylar had two summer jobs but one of them was working with iHeartRadio as a promotions assistant! She worked at many of the concerts as well as other events throughout the entire summer. Skylar’s job position was transferred, so now she gets to do it in Tampa too :)                                                                                         

Fatin Amin

Pictured is a Nasi Lemak dish.

Fatin was able to go home after two years. Home for her is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and what made it amazing for her was being able to eat all the good food that she missed very much.

Jennifer McElroy

This summer Jennifer visited family and friends in the Northeast.  While sight-seeing in Philadelphia, she toured the oldest established and still inhabited street in the United States, Elfreth’s Alley.

Amalie Laigaard

This summer Amalie and eight other UT students went to Nicaragua for a public health service learning trip. They spent twelve days in four different areas helping families build eco-stoves and water filtration systems for their homes.  They also taught Nicaraguan mothers some healthy soy options for meals.

Kristin Collins

This summer Kristin took a cruise throughout Europe and Spain, and her favorite part of the trip was biking along the beaches in the South of France.

Kayla Brown

This summer Kayla went to Ireland and made some cool donkey friends!

It is unfortunate that this amazing summer is over, but it is time for another great school year at UT and to make more memories with our friends and roommates. Let the countdown begin though for summer 2016!

Jennifer McElroy is currently a Senior earning a degree in Communications and a double minor in Advertising and Applied Dance. She has resided in Florida for most of her life and lives in the sunny and beautiful Sarasota. When Jennifer is not in dance rehearsals or stuck in her room doing homework, she enjoys going to the gym, shopping, spending quality time with friends, and eating cookies.