The Perks Of Going Home For Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Everybody has mixed feelings about going back home for the summer. No one wants to leave their friends and freedom of living at school behind, or the convenience of the campus pool. But there are some pretty great reasons that everyone should be excited to go home for the summer, and I think you’ll agree.

1. NO SODEXO FOOD FOR THREE MONTHS. You can finally have a real, home cooked meal again!

Source

2. You get to see your best friends that you haven’t seen in months. Let the summer shenanigans begin!

Source

3. After a long semester you can finally snuggle with your pet and spend some quality time with the family.

Source

4. Being able to sleep spread eagle in your full size bed! You’ve had to sleep in a twin bed for far too long, enjoy the comfort and space while you can.

Source

5. FREE LAUNDRY. And there’s a chance that if you ask nicely, you could have Mom do your load of laundry for you.

Source

6. You get to go back and enjoy your old stomping grounds with your friends for the summer.

Source

7. Everyone who hasn’t seen you since Christmas gets to tell you how good you look, how much taller you seem, etc. 

Source

8. You can finally sing in the shower without the fear that someone might hear you

Source

9.  You will have an entire summer’s worth of stories to tell your friends once you get back to school in the fall

Source

So embrace going home, ladies. Soak up some sun, read a good book, work a part time job, enjoy people’s company, take a road trip, eat an ice cream cone, and try something new. But most importantly, have fun and be your awesome self. Happy summer!

A senior at the University of Tampa, Brianne is finishing up her degree in Communications. After graduation, she hopes to have a job in her field of choice; whether it be in her home state of Massachusetts, here in Tampa, or somewhere new and exciting. And if that doesn’t work out as planned, she has her reality television applications ready at hand - say hello to your next Bachelorette! But until graduation day, Brianne has full blown Peter Pan Syndrome. As she refuses to grow up, you can find her watching Disney movies, planning trips to the zoo to feed the giraffes, eating dessert for dinner, and coloring any chance she gets. Buzzfeed, Netflix, anything coconut, and wine are also some of her guilty pleasures.