Gasparilla Style Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It’s our favorite time of year again (no, not Christmas). Gasparilla is coming up in just a couple of days, and UT students are preparing for the most anticipated event of the year of their college lives. It’s no secret that fashion plays an important role in this. Afterall, Gasparilla is the one day a year when a girl can dress like a total pirate and no other girls can say anything about it (catch that quote?). But of course, there are still some girls who have no idea what to wear. Yes, I’m talking to you freshmen. So, here’s a simple rundown on what to wear to the Gasparilla parade. 

Clothes– black, white, red, gold, stripes or anything with skulls.

Acessories– bandana, eye patch, ripped stockings, hoop earrings, red lipstick

Shoes: Boots or Converse

I'm a senior Journalism major and Communications minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in New Jersey, I naturally gravitated to the sunshine state. Career goal: magazine writer/editor. I'm the campus cutie/celeb editor for Her Campus at my school. Besides that, I'm obsessed with anything Disney and enjoy working out at the gym, going to yoga, shopping, watching movies and going out with friends, as well as long walks on the beach. Some of my guilty pleasures include anything peanut butter, pina coladas, the Lion King movie, Jacuzzis, and tattoos. Fun fact: I still can't swim.