Behind the Scenes of Her Campus: Kayla Brown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Kayla Brown

Age: 18

Where are you from? Mystic, Connecticut

What is your favorite animal? Pig

How are you involved on campus? I am a member of Phi Beta Phi, the Criminology club, writer for Her Campus, and a future member of the Residence Hall Association.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, nutrition aside, what would it be? Kraft Mac and Cheese, hands down.

What is your favorite memory of Her Campus… the catered chipotle last semester or wine glass painting? Wine glass painting! I’m allergic to something in chipotle, so I wasn’t able to eat it!

What is your favorite Netflix show? Probably Gossip Girl or The Office.

What is one of the coolest things you’ve ever done? I’m really plain. I guess it was cool when I went to Bermuda two summers ago. I got to swim with sea turtles and snorkel around.

Harry potter, Twilight or the Hunger Games? The Hunger Games! #TeamPeeta

What is your biggest fear? I’m deathly afraid of too many things like heights, rollercoasters, sharks, and even Pirates of the Caribbean.

Who is your hero, why? My mom. My dad’s in the Navy and she did so much for my two brothers and I while he was away. I could never repay her for that.

What is your favorite place on the UT campus? I live in McKay, so I really like tanning by the docks. 

What is your biggest regret or worst memory of freshman year? I went on a camping trip in October, and had a little more fun than I should have. I wound up sick all night, stuffed into a three person tent with six other girls in 40 degree weather… Not fun.

What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled? Bermuda, but I think I’m going to Ireland this summer!

If you had any super power  in the world, what would it be and why? Mind Reading. I always wonder what people are thinking about.

What “lesson from mom” do you still live by today? Basically to do what makes you happy, but without overdoing yourself. Take a step back and breathe sometimes.

What is the one thing you want to accomplish before you die? I know it’s lame, but I want to go to law school. I’m great at arguing.

Do you have a pet? I have two dogs. My first is a fat Yellow Lab/Hound mix that we rescued. His name is Tucker, but I call him “My Little Golden Sausage.” My second dog is a German Shepard/Airedale mix. Her name is Annabelle, and she’s crazy, but they’re my life. 

Hi guys! My name is Kristin Collins, I am a sophomore at University of Tampa studying Public Health. I am from Princeton, New Jersey. My dream in life is to travel the world, maybe ride an elephant or two considering they are my favorite animal! I am probably the only college kid who loves the fresh start of an early monday morning. My biggest fear is wasabi, and sometimes cilantro. My favorite station on spotify is mood boosters or some indie jams.