9 TV Shows You Must Watch This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Now that school is over it is finally time for some serious relaxing, and you certainly have earned some lounging out on the couch this summer. Whether you’re anxiously waiting on the summer premieres of your shows, or you’re looking for some new ones to get into, look no further. Here’s a list of all the hit shows premiering this summer season.

1. The Bachelorette: ABC Mondays 8/7c (Started May 19th)

Twenty-five dashing, gorgeous, and some douchey, men fight for Andi Dorfman’s heart this season on The Bachelorette. Pick your favorites ladies: she can only choose one, which leaves twenty-four left for the rest of us!

2. I Wanna Marry Harry: FOX Tuesday 9/8c (Started May 20th)

Twelve American women compete for the heart of a man who they believe is British royalty, but is really just an average bloke. What could go wrong here? Get your popcorn ready ladies; it’s going be quite the reality show. 

3. America’s Got Talent: NBC 8/7c (Started May 27th)

Fire-breathers, singers, magicians, step dancers, contortionists and all other talented freaks that America has to offer all in one place…what could be better?!

4. Orange is the New Black: Netflix Season Premiere Friday June 6th

Officer ‘Pornstache,’ solitary, pregnancy, old girlfriends, and failing engagements are only the surface problems for the women in this New York federal state prison. You’d think things couldn’t get any worse, but that would probably be a lie.

5. Pretty Little Liars: ABC Family Season Premiere Tuesday June 10th 8/7c

Who the heck is A already?! It’s not Lucas, Jenna, Detective Wilden, or Ezra, so who else could it possibly be?

6. Suits: USA Season Premiere Wednesday June 11th 9/8c

Will Mike’s secret finally be exposed? How will Harvey deal with Mike leaving the firm to be an investment banker?

7. True Blood: HBO Season Premiere Sunday June 22nd 9/8c

This is our last season with the people of Bon Temps, and as the show’s final season poster says, “Goodbyes Suck.” It’s a good thing we still have our other vampire shows running to fill our void after the series ends. 

8. Teen Wolf: MTV Season Premiere Monday June 23rd 10/9c

Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Posey, and Tyler Hoechlin; need I say more?

9. Big Brother Season 16: CBS Season Premiere Wednesday June 25th 8/7c

Only the strongest survive. Who will live through the drama, past the evictions, and the weekly competitions to become the next winner?

Sources:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

A senior at the University of Tampa, Brianne is finishing up her degree in Communications. After graduation, she hopes to have a job in her field of choice; whether it be in her home state of Massachusetts, here in Tampa, or somewhere new and exciting. And if that doesn’t work out as planned, she has her reality television applications ready at hand - say hello to your next Bachelorette! But until graduation day, Brianne has full blown Peter Pan Syndrome. As she refuses to grow up, you can find her watching Disney movies, planning trips to the zoo to feed the giraffes, eating dessert for dinner, and coloring any chance she gets. Buzzfeed, Netflix, anything coconut, and wine are also some of her guilty pleasures.