8 Unspoken Rules of UT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

After being at UT for long enough, you start to realize the social norms around campus. Here are 8 unspoken rules every UT student can agree with.

1. If you see that you have a class on the 4th floor of Plant Hall, change your schedule immediately. Nobody has time for that full body workout. 

2. Never get too close to a squirrel because it will most likely attack you AND steal your food.

3. Food on campus tastes just like it looks: gross. Always eat at your own risk.

4. Avoid taking the elevator to the second floor. You will be judged.

5. Don’t get upset when Tony tries to set you up in the cafe with someone out of your league. Even with all of his practice he still can’t pick the best matches. 

6. The sandwich ladies in the cafe will yell BREAD, SPREAD, MEAT aggressively every time you order a sandwich. Just get used to it. 

7. If you live off campus, leave your house early because it will take you half an hour to find a parking spot. 

8. If you see a long boarder approaching, it is your responsibility to move. They don’t take a detour for anyone.