5 UT Traits We Missed And 5 We Didn’t

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Did:

1. Tony the Omelet Guy

Let’s be real, Tony is our favorite person on campus. From his contagious smiles to his endless attempts to hook you up with the weird guy behind you in line, Tony is always able to brighten your day.

2. Easy Access to Dairy Queen

I am not actually a fan of ice cream, but I know how much all of my peers crave blizzards after a late night of studying. Having a Dairy Queen directly on campus is a blessing (or maybe a curse when you gain the Freshman Fifteen.)

3.SOHO Donuts

Nothing is more magical than walking into SOHO Donuts and seeing a donut covered in cinnamon toast crunch or chopped Oreos. No matter what your topping of choice is, whether you like sweet or salty, you will always find a yummy donut to get your day started.

4. Free Sangria at Station

Every Saturday, our favorite bar off campus has an hour of free Sangria for ladies. Of course it’s all gone within minutes, but when you are at the bar counting down the minutes, it’s so worth it. Who does not love a free drink?

5. Gorgeous Beaches

Most of the students at UT are from up North where the beaches are nothing like they are down here. Covered in rocks and filled with seaweed, home beaches make Florida beaches look like paradise.

Didn’t:

1. Construction Everywhere You Go

I have been at UT for two years now and I cannot remember a time when there was not construction going on somewhere on campus. Of course everything being built is more and more beautiful than the previous project, but can a student get some solid sleep without being woken up to drills for once? Plus, our construction guys do not even look like this:

2. Caf Food

Parents come to visit the university with their kids and almost always stop at the Caf for lunch. The parents always leave saying how amazing the food was, but we all know the food is better on busy tour days than it is on a regular basis (not to mention having to run to the bathroom an hour after eating.)

3. Boring Class Lectures

No matter what major you are in, students are bound to have endless class lectures. You cannot have all the college fun without being enrolled in classes, but who made that rule in the first place?

4. Campus Parking

As a first year driver at UT, I have always experienced the woes of having a car on campus. You can never find a spot and now to make it worse they are forcing us all into one garage while the second is closed for construction. God Bless all drivers this year.

5. The Weather (When it’s Bad)

Tampa, Florida is the “Lightening Capitol of the World,” so it’s no surprise that we get a lot of rain. I did not miss trekking to class in rain boots and heat trapping rain jackets. Who can really complain when we will be at the beach in February, though?

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.