sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Pumpkin This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

1.     Carve Them

This is the most classic of all the pumpkin decorating techniques. Just because you carve a pumpkin every year, doesn’t mean you can’t do something spectacular with your carving kit this year! Get creative and try that tricky carving you’ve been too afraid to try before!

2.     Glitter Them

If you’re anything like me, you LOVE anything glitter. So why not douse your pumpkin in glitter and make it sparkle in the moonlight. Cover the entire pumpkin or try a fun glitter pattern!

3.     Paint Them

You can do amazing things with a pumpkin and a paint set! This year try painting your pumpkin chevron or with polka dots. If you’re an artist unlike myself even try painting a harder design like this pumpkin above!

4.     Animate Them

Try decorating your pumpkin like your favorite animated character! Experiment with googly eyes and pipe cleaners to give your pumpkin a personality!

5.     Personalize Them

If you have a lot of fun photographs you want to show off this year you can try a Modge Podge picture pumpkin! It might catch on fire if you try to light a candle inside of it, but the outcome is adorable! 

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.