priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

Why you should trade in your boyfriend for a furry little friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Now-a-days all that guys can give you is a headache and a hangover. You get the

headache from the hangover from the drinking too much when the guy you’re seeing drives you insane. I can’t remember the last time my dog made me drink. Here are the ten reasons why a dog can be so much better than a boyfriend:

1. Dogs don’t care that you are a shop-a-holic. Just as long as they get some treats from your mall trip.

2. Unlike most men, dogs actually feel bad when they do something wrong. It’s written all over their face when they cower in the corner. They also suck up to you. They like to make up for it with some extra love.

3. They leave you alone. If you give them a bone they won’t bother you for the rest of the day.

4. They cuddle! Who doesn’t like a good cuddler?

5. They don’t judge you. You could lounge around in your pj’s all day without the judgment.

6. They always love you, even if you gain an extra 10 pounds. They won’t even question it.

7. Dogs don’t care if you want a little fur in the winter to keep you warm. Shaved legs or hairy legs, makes no difference to them.

8. You talk and they listen. They won’t interrupt or have some smart alec remark.

9. You never grow too old or wrinkly for your dog. They will always prefer you to anyone else.

10. They melt your heart. The best part is they don’t talk; it’s the actions that do it.

Sorry men, you just can’t compare to a face like this:

Kelly Mora-Romero is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF St. Petersburg. She was born in Colombia but has lived in the US since 2004. As a Global Business and Marketing major with a minor in Mass Communications, Kelly's dream job is to work in international marketing with a big communications company; traveling is a must! Her biggest inspiration for stories come from local or campus-related news, advise for the every-day life and tips on success. If you wish to contact Campus Correspondent Kelly for article ideas or any comments/concerns/issues at USFSP email at: kellyromero@hercampus.com For any other personal inquiries email: kellyjulieth@mail.usf.edu HCXO