Study Wars Preps Students for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Photo Courtesy of University Student Center and Student Government

Thursday night USC and Student Government kicked off the upcoming finals week with Study Wars.

The event included trivia, a costume contest and free breakfast food for  students. They formed a line that wrapped around the USC lobby to wait for it. Freshman, Emily Bowers, attended the event.

“The Study Wars was a lot of fun,” Bowers said. “The food was good and the trivia was entertaining. I’ll definitely go back next year.”

Student Government and the USC puts on the event every fall as spring semester as they come to a close. Last year the theme was Disney. Sophomore, Andrea Thackxton, went both this year and last year.

“This year there were a lot more people,” she said. “It was a really good theme, people were really into it.”

The trivia covered the first six movies of the series and included a section for impersonations of the characters.

“My favorite part of the Study Wars was watching different people do the impersonations of Star Wars characters to win prizes, they were super funny,” Thackxton said.

Freshman Nicole Carroll did not see how the event was supposed to help with studying.

“The event didn’t really make me want to study, that type of event just makes you want to hangout with people. I’ll go back next year because of the food and it was fun,” Carroll said.

Evy Guerra is a Journalism major at USFSP. After graduating she would like to write for the news to help tell stories that need to be heard. She loves reading memoirs, watching Parks and Recreation, and listening to Beyoncé with her sisters.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.