New Red Bull Edition: A Must or Not?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

On February 13th through Harbor Market, USF St. Petersburg hosted the New Red Bull edition tasting event partnering up with StPete SociaBulls. Our ultimate purpose was to see which of the three new editions, Red Blue or Silver, students like the most.

The process of our survey was the following. We refrained from telling students which specific flavor they were tasting. We labeled cups A, B and C.

A= Silver

B= Red

C= Blue

Our three survey questions were the following:

1.) Which edition did you like the most. A, B or C?

2.) What did it taste like? (Describe in one word).

3.) Would you buy this edition in the future?

A total of 81 students participated on our event and the results were pretty divided.

20.9% of students liked the Silver edition. 27% of students liked the Red edition and the winner was the Blue edition with 48% of the votes. The other 3.6% of students chose more than two editions.

When asked to describe the flavor of each, most students wrote down the same flavors. The silver edition tasted like the “soda Fresca” or like “vanilla.” The Red edition tasted like “berries, strawberries and cherries.” Ultimately students descibed the blue edition as “grape, fruity and awesome!”

When asked wether or not students would buy these three new editions of Red Bull 65% said yes, 20.9% said no and 13.5% said maybe.

Will these new editions of Red Bull be a hit? The USF St. Pete sample student population was pretty divided and the results did not skew significantly towards one flavor. But it can clearly be noted that the blue edition was a winner and that most likely students will buy this new edition.

More infomation on the three new Red Bull editions: (Source: Energyfriend.com)

The Red bull cans are the same price as the orginial and they each contain 80 mg of caffeine and are sweetened with sugar. The red edition is cranberry flavored, the silver is limed flavor and the blue is blueberry. These three new editions will be available in the market in March of this year. So make sure to be attentive in stores if interested.

All of the information given on this story are based on the results from the survey given to 81 USF students.

Photo credit: Kelly Mora’s facebook

http://1minutereview.co.za/new-flavoured-wings-from-red-bull/

http://andrewjrivers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/red-bull1.jpg

Kelly Mora-Romero is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF St. Petersburg. She was born in Colombia but has lived in the US since 2004. As a Global Business and Marketing major with a minor in Mass Communications, Kelly's dream job is to work in international marketing with a big communications company; traveling is a must! Her biggest inspiration for stories come from local or campus-related news, advise for the every-day life and tips on success. If you wish to contact Campus Correspondent Kelly for article ideas or any comments/concerns/issues at USFSP email at: kellyromero@hercampus.com For any other personal inquiries email: kellyjulieth@mail.usf.edu HCXO