A Letter to the School That I’ve Grown to Love But am Ready to Leave Behind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Dear School,

I know I’ve spent most of my life with you. You gave me knowledge and helped shape me into the person that I am today. You’re where I started friendships with some of the greatest people in my life. I met my first crush with you and had my first heartbreak right in your halls.

You made me realize that my favorite subjects involve writing, and gave me some of the best teachers who inspired me to follow my dreams.

You were there when I got into fights with my parents and left home mad. You were even there when I didn’t want to be there. Sometimes I thought about quitting you, but you reminded me that I have a goal, one that I must follow through with.

You have done great for so many people. Sometimes you were someone’s escape; somewhere they can bury their heads into a book and forget about their troubles waiting for them at home.

I met you when I was the young age of five and I am still with you today in my twenties. Some people stay with you for much longer, and never want to leave you, but that person isn’t me.

Although I appreciate all of the opportunities that you’ve offered me, I am ready to let you go. I am ready to move on and leave you behind. I will take everything that you’ve taught along with me. You gave me knowledge, friends and some of the best teachers in my life, but most importantly, you shed light on the path that I will continue to follow as I leave your halls.

Sincerely,

A grateful, yet tired student

Photo Resource:

Jenna Kippert is a Junior at USFSP. Her major is in English with a concentration in Writing Studies. Creative writing is her niche and she enjoys writing fictional short stories in her spare time. Her stories often consist of shady characters and plot twists. Jenna also enjoys cooking, binge watching New Girl on Netflix, going on nature walks, and watching videos of makeup gurus on Youtube. Beauty is an important aspect to her and she loves playing with makeup and hair. She is a true born and raised Floridian, who whips out her sweater when the temperature drops below 80 degrees. After she graduates, she'd like to travel. Her dream destination is Hawaii, where she can soak up the sun's rays and swim with dolphins.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.